What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars!

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i hate that line from the movie US Marshalls get rid of the nickle plated sissy gun and get yourself a glock .. for the glock cool aid drinks love to post that on other gun sites about the glocks ..

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
like my cars likes my guns have to be made of steel and wood ..iam the first to say i drive a semi plastic car there but when it comes to my personal firearms it steel all the way just like good fashion American iron from the old days ..

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no problem with the Glock but right now I have a Taurus PT745 for concealed carry and my wife has a Sig Sauer .40...and we have the M4 carbine as well.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to have a ton of guns, but all I have left now is a Glock 17 (that I've actually never even fired)

87pkeg

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll have to get some pics to post. My cars aren't new and shiny and pretty like a lot of people like, but I enjoy them a lot.

At 14 I got my first love, a 1968 Chevy Pickup, short wheelbase fleet side. Dad and I dove into a frame off restoration but it's far from stock. It's a mild street rod and I consider it a clean mild classic show truck. Runs a small block and turbo 350 tranny.

Unfortunately Dad passed away unexpectedly when I was 18, and it turned my world upside down. My projects sat for a few years untouched as I was dealing with grief.

I also drag race. My baby is a 91 Camaro RS that Dad and I rebuilt with Spohn suspension and subframe connectors. I run a Moser 9 inch rear end. I believe when building a car you need to start from the bottom up and get the power to the ground, so we started with suspension and chassis. It was a 305 throttle body car. We built an L98 Tuned Port small block with a set of sunset race craft/Moore performance Vortech heads. A power glide would be consistent, but this car was built to cruise on occasion besides just track time, so it's got a Borg Warner T10 4 speed we had built for the car. I'm getting ready to start the cage and interior and get back to racing on a regular basis.

And I completely agree, I thrive on being able to shift my cars. If I'm not consistent on the strip with my shifting, it means I need to be practicing from tree to trap a lot more.

Last edited:
OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More important than the cars, are the memories of dad. My dad is my best friend, and still alive...but I have many memories (not related to cars, more to ice hockey) with my dad like you have with yours.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My dad got me into cars too. Bought me a beat up 67 Corvette about 4 years before I even had a license, we spent a lot of time restoring it, a lot of good quality time spent too. I'll do the same with my son (or daughter) except it will be a classic Japanese car.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My dad wouldn't know a V8 from a Rotary. :D

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You fellas are all rich!! I'm 21 and I drive an 06 special edition lancer lol

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More important than the cars, are the memories of dad. My dad is my best friend, and still alive...but I have many memories (not related to cars, more to ice hockey) with my dad like you have with yours.

my dad and i was talking many years ago about the day we both got into trouble over the fact that we both had her mad and she was on the warpath over her wrecked car..

my dad sent me into town to get spare parts for the tactor and i took my mom car ..he forgot to replace the brake pads on the car and i hit a wall because of the brake pads not working right ..

when i got home with the car we both got hit at the table night dureing supper time..my dad give me a look like shut up and just take it and no say a word for it going to make her madder and he was not going to get hit a second time ... she told i was getting hit for scareing a few years off her life and dad for not fixeing the car brakes like is told to ..years later when my mom was in the last stages of her life before she passed away ..we where at the kitchen table and she told me that day when the police called and said i had hit the wall at the food store because of the brakes she was scared for she had thought they had failed on the turn comeing into the house and i had hit something on the highway ..she told me she was more mad my dad over forgetting to fix the brakes than me hitting the wall that day ..

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You guys are right, the memories that I have with Dad are irreplaceable. We had a relationship that I don't see many people having with their parents. We did a lot of bonding out in the shop under the hood of a vehicle, or in the kitchen rebuilding a motor (we got away with that when my stepmom was out of town, until she noticed the engine stand was wearing wheel marks into the hardwood floors), or on the phone discussing our next big project. I have so many memories of pulling donor cars and new projects out of the weeds out in the middle of nowhere. I am able to deal with losing my Dad a little easier because I was blessed with a better relationship with him for 18 years than most people have their whole lives.

For those of you with children, it doesn't matter what it is, but finding something you guys can enjoy together can be such a blessing. My girlfriend has some kids that have got me wrapped around their lil fingers, and Im already making plans for a project with her youngest one in a few years. He's 5 right now lol, but he wants to be a welder and wears workboots everywhere he goes, he's got some greaser in him.

You guys have posted some incredible cars. Matthew, beautiful camaro. And the other new camaro is looking really good. I still have a few pages in the thread to catch up on.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I need to get some new pictures though. I have a new digicam on the way so maybe then.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My contri to the iPads around the world:

4674701041_5760db807a_b.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts