What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars!

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I watched that video when it was brand new two years ago. I had already rented a GT-R by the time they even got that video out.

The GT-R weighs ~500lbs more and has 100hp less at the wheels. I would expect it to get beaten by the lighter, more powerful ZR1, if it didn't that's ridiculous. But even in that video they say things like the ZR1 was "difficult to launch....eventually we got traction" and the ZR1 "is a handful" on the road course.

All this just shows how good the GT-R is, it's a fast car that can be driven fast by anyone. The ZR1 is a car that VERY few people could drive as fast as they did in that video, except for in a straight line, where very little skill is needed anyways.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the GTR is no slouch.

That's what I'm saying, I like the GTR, it is no slouch. But it will never be a mind blowing, rubber burning, exhilarating blast to drive that a ZR1 would be. I think we've made full circle on this one now (as in I think I'm saying the same things again) The GTR is a precision instrument, where as the ZR1 is an exercise in excess, indulgent and fun. If I want to road race, and you are an amateur driver, the GT-R would likely be a better car. If I want to blast around town in a car that is pure sexy and an absolute thrill to drive, I'll take the ZR1.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like your sig...from US Marshalls if I'm not mistaken

Gav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ride. A 2001 HSV VX R8 with Chev LS1 donk and 255kw.
DSC_0002.jpg

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ride. A 2001 HSV VX R8 with Chev LS1 donk and 255kw.
DSC_0002.jpg

HSV? Is that the same company as Holden?

I ask because there is not a lot of info on it in the US, but I've heard GM owns a company in Australia called Holden, and that the G8 was based on the Holden Commodore. And then it has also been said that the G8 chassis is what the new Camaro was based on.

And is your VX front or rear wheel drive? Looks kind of similar to the 4 door Monte Carlos we used to have here in the states a few years back.

Snagtooth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No offense guys, but the whole GT-R vs ZR1 argument, etc. - meh...

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a friendly discussion and probably inevitable - but me and my 2 yr old - we...just...love...cars.

If I could, I'd have one of almost everything and if it's Matchbox or Hotwheels - my son probably already does! :D

Jimbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
me fancying a GTR as my next car, wasnt cue time for an debate over which is better,

if you fancy a ZR1 or anything else for that matter, then go buy one and be happy!- ZR1 is not an option for the UK, the value will plummet!

Gtr will do me nicely i think, failing that a new M3.

j.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to drag the debate on so long guys.

And I think we both said it before, Superbike81 and I would both love one of each if we had the money.

And Snagtooth - Here are some pictures that your son may appreciate more than the dribble about which car is better:

3uuoxc

1bgseh

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as a side note to the post here.. i hate glocks they are the most over hyped pistol there is out in the gun world .. they cr---- triggers out of the box and they have the worst safety system in the world in my personal book ..

the only reason why they got such a ingrained into the law enforcement world because they where billed as 18 shot revolvers when they where just comeing onto the market ..for a lot of agencys where looking to replace the revolver as the duy weapon with a semi automatic pistol..

so the highers up in the police drink the socalled glock cool-aid and now they are stuck with a weapon that saight out the box is ok for duty weapon ..but has no safety and cr--- trigger system that can not be made into a true clean crisp trigger system and get the person who useing shot with there own weapon if been takeing away from them for it is a truely point and shoot type of weapon ..

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do Glocks have to do with cars? Just curious? I think I missed a part of the conversation somewhere, I better go back and look. Not that I mind some OT distraction :)

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do Glocks have to do with cars? Just curious? I think I missed a part of the conversation somewhere, I better go back and look. Not that I mind some OT distraction :)

That's funny, you commented on someone's signature that said get a glock and lose the sissy stainless gun (or something along those lines) and so I posted the line from the movie.

Your quote
Originally Posted by Matth3w
I like your sig...from US Marshalls if I'm not mistaken

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bah I fail! Apologies to all! It wasn't right after my comment and I have ADD so I had no idea what he was talking about! :cheers:

Most reactions

Latest posts