What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars!

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice Camaro Mathew, and thanks for starting this great thread on Cars.

By the way, here is a picture of mine:
f7ro1l

I love the exhaust modifications. I hate that a stock Mustang GT pulls up next to me and sounds better than my car. I looked into some stainless headers, but the service department at my dealer told me they would void my warranty. Did you have any issues with warranty and removing the mufflers?

And here is my other toy:
(hopefully I don't get flamed for posting an ATV in a Car thread on an iPad forum)
n9nobr

And to everyone else!! Nice Rides!!!!

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're wrong - this is the Anything Goes forum, and says right under the title it is for talking about non-iPad related topics. You're more than welcome to start the above topics, if that interest you. Not really my speed...

This is the ANYTHING GOES subforum, if you want to talk about iPads there are plenty of threads in the iPad specific subforums. Go bother people there.

Exactly. This really started from a thread about an iPad case, which
I said "to each their own but personally I think are ugly" (they were asking for opinions)...then he came in and said (in the same thread) "Well your Camaro is ugly" and I joked and said he didn't know what a nice car was then...and then he complained because I was talking about my car...seriously??? Did he not realize he started it? :confused: :p

Pretty sad, actually.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/3968-incipio-1337-gaming-case.html

I'm a sports car lover too, but I have to say, there are very few American cars I'm into. Most American sports cars are too heavy and don't handle all that well. The Z06 is a good exception, I like the new Camaros as well, but they are just too big and heavy. I prefer to drive hard in the corners, not so much drag racing.

Saying that, I'm a big Japanese car fan, my current car is 1990 Nissan Skyline GT-R. In it's current state it's 530hp (which is a fairly mild tune for these cars) and the majority of the suspension components have been upgraded as well.

I'm an anything that goes particularly fast fan, not just American cars. I can appreciate any nice car...I love your Silvia. I am not one of those "only American cars" kinda guy.

I owned all Japanese cars prior to my Corvette but when I drove the Vette...I'm sorry but nothing compares to that nice big revving engine (just my opinion). I do miss the handling, a bit, but I can upgrade that and to be honest...I'm more of a go fast than an autocross guy. But just to prove I haven't owned all American cars...

Here was WRX, with modifications it was about as fast as my Corvette. But just not as fun to drive:

4644877534_0813bda600_o.jpg

4644877506_f488986b00_o.jpg

And my Mazda Protege5, which, for the longest time, was featured on the Mazdaspeed section of MazdaUSA.com...but after about 2 years was pushed out by newer features...I had a bunch of sponsorships but most importantly I had a custom, one off turbo kit:

4644269793_474930aac8_b.jpg

4644886328_ef92896f0d_b.jpg

4644886358_578b788976_b.jpg

Nice Camaro Mathew, and thanks for starting this great thread on Cars.

By the way, here is a picture of mine:

I love the exhaust modifications. I hate that a stock Mustang GT pulls up next to me and sounds better than my car. I looked into some stainless headers, but the service department at my dealer told me they would void my warranty. Did you have any issues with warranty and removing the mufflers?

And here is my other toy:
(hopefully I don't get flamed for posting an ATV in a Car thread on an iPad forum)

And to everyone else!! Nice Rides!!!!
HAHAHAHA

Anyhow, liking the Camaro?

The muffler delete was only 200 bucks. No HP gains to be expected, but it sounds like it should and got rid of those God awful mufflers.

I haven't decided what I am going to do with the car yet for sure. Now that I am staying in the military I am exempt from emissions for another 10 years until I retire, so I might just modify this. That being said...if I go back to Afghanistan I might come back and buy a red new Z06. So I'm sort of holding off until I get to my new unit in October to see what the deployment plan, if any, is.

There was a red 2009 Z06 that just hadn't sold (so zero miles) that they offered me with rebates and discounts and everything for only $62,000. I was so tempted to buy it 12k under asking price but my wife and I were JUST about to get married and the timing was not good.

Last edited:

Bluenik25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry Boys!

Sorry boys but I think you need to take a look at the real SS/RS. This is my 69 next to my father in laws 560.

Sorry for the pic quality its the only one I have on my phone.

Attachments

• 0909081851b.jpg
    0909081851b.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 327
OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love classic cars too. But the Camaro is my daily driver, and I want a little more creature comforts with my daily driver.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're wrong - this is the Anything Goes forum, and says right under the title it is for talking about non-iPad related topics. You're more than welcome to start the above topics, if that interest you. Not really my speed...

This is the ANYTHING GOES subforum, if you want to talk about iPads there are plenty of threads in the iPad specific subforums. Go bother people there.

Exactly. This really started from a thread about an iPad case, which
I said "to each their own but personally I think are ugly" (they were asking for opinions)...then he came in and said (in the same thread) "Well your Camaro is ugly" and I joked and said he didn't know what a nice car was then...and then he complained because I was talking about my car...seriously??? Did he not realize he started it? :confused: :p

Pretty sad, actually.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/3968-incipio-1337-gaming-case.html

Just ignore everything iPadOne says, I started doing that shortly after I read a few of his posts, it has made everything much nicer.

I like the STi, not so much a fan of the MazdaSpeeds though. I agree that a sports car is great, regardless what country it's from. It just seems America likes to build sledgehammers, Japan likes to build scalpels. I prefer a scalpel over a sledgehammer :)

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fair enough :)

Yeah I'm starting to ignore him as well.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry boys but I think you need to take a look at the real SS/RS. This is my 69 next to my father in laws 560.

Sorry for the pic quality its the only one I have on my phone.

I like the early Camaros, which is why I like the new ones - the best of both worlds. Some people are waiting for the 2nd generation iPad; me, I'm waiting for the new Camaro convertible. :)

I like your dad's SL too, though I prefer the earlier "Pagoda." The lines are that bit cleaner.

SWdp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Daily Driver - 2009 Jetta TDI - 45-52 mpg!
Fun and some track time - 2006 Z4 M Coupe
Race Car - BMW 328 - E36 J Prepared

While on the subject of cars has anyone used the app called "Rev"???
I've been using it for a while (from my iPod Touch) and found it extremely useful. The iPad is a little large to mount in car but the screen size is great with the gauges.

PLX Kiwi Wifi - Connect your iPhone / iPod Touch to your car's OBD2 OBDII Port.

Attachments

• Jetta1.jpg
    Jetta1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 284
  • 00936sm2.jpg
    00936sm2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 302
  • CHIN Road Atlanta June 2, 2008 DL - 4 008.jpg
    CHIN Road Atlanta June 2, 2008 DL - 4 008.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 306
  • web.jpg
    web.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 288
  • web-1.jpg
    web-1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it doesn't really provide any information that I need or want that I can't get from the vehicle itself.

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also a car freak. Been calm the last few years though. Currently we own:

2005 Infiniti G35
2004 Dodge Diesel 2500 4x4. Most of my mod money is in this one
2009 Scion Xb
2008 Honda Goldwing with everything but the airbag (nave.abs.heated grips.heated seats.etc)
2009 Suzuki C90 (wife's scoot)
2009 Harley Road Glide (the rest of my mod money went here)

Looking at dumping the G and getting a convertible of some sort.

Any ideas? Was thinking maybe Porsche or a 335 BMW folding hardtop...

Dunno. Love car lovers..:)

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not too many convertibles that I think are realistic. BMW makes a nice M3 convert, but that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not too many convertibles that I think are realistic. BMW makes a nice M3 convert, but that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

I dunno man, I kinda like the 335. You can get a lot of HP out of the TT motor for not a whole lot of investment.. I'm just having trouble justifying the price. For the same money I could get a vette, but I'm not a huge vette fan..

Love the car, just not the fact that they're everywhere you look.

Most reactions