What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrier unlocking on Ipad mini 3

Morgiee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello hope you can help, as you can gather by the title I have a IPad mini 3 locked to the carrier EE (UK carrier part of orange and T-Mobile) I haven't owned this since new I purchased it second hand from an electrical store. The POS ticket stated its locked to EE but know that devices are unlockable to any providers at a small cost. I want to unlock it as I'm planning on travelling this year and want to be to use local sim cards which ever country I go to as their is no cheap method using UK providers and having roaming built in. I contacted doctorsim to see if they support iPad as I know people who have used them for their phones and they say its safe, quick and works. However they confirm at this moment they don't support iPad unlocking.

How can I unlock my iPad from network carriers?

Many Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cellular iPads are not normally locked to a specific carrier. Have you tried removing the SIM card and replacing it with a SIM card from another carrier?

Things can be different in the UK and each carrier has its own policy for unlocking an iPad. This link contains procedures for applying to have an iPad unlocked from the various British carriers. How to unlock your cellular iPad so you can use any SIM

Last edited:

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First of all the iPad Mini 3 is no longer being made by apple. I never had a cellular model so I would not know. but i suppose it probably similer to other celluar iPads.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First of all the iPad Mini 3 is no longer being made by apple. I never had a cellular model so I would not know. but i suppose it probably similer to other celluar iPads.
It doesn't matter whether or not an iPad is still produced by Apple. Although the iPad mini 3 has been discontinued in 2015, Apple still sells refurbished devices, just as an example.

Whether or not an iPad is locked to a carrier, and the way to unlock it, depends on the country, and from where it was purchased.

Most reactions