What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carbon Fiber plz

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi welcome here,

so far the only one look like carbon i have found is this one but yet i dono if they have it for 3G i have ask them but never reply me

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Carbon cover

I would love the apple case in carbon fiber. That would be perfect.

With my friend of [URL="http://www.akgeneve.com/“]AK Geneve[/URL] we are considering to develop one with some small feature … but the cost will not be cheap due to the technology and material

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A composite back is a good idea. It would allow for some subtle curves and soft rubber inlays to make it easier to hold the tablet with one hand.

Carbon is cheap and very easy to work with these days, so it should be cheaper to produce than the aluminium back. You could make it even cheaper by using glass instead of carbon. You wouldn't get that black weave look, but you could get some interesting effects using pigmented epoxies.

I'm tempted to have a play around with this myself. Once you have the moulds set up it should be simple to create a range of different custom looks using different materials.

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We developed a 100% carbon fiber case. We have sizes for the IPAD and multiple laptops. These cases are designed more for taking your IPAD on the go (travel,school,work). All cases are checkpoint friendly.
www.mach3composites.com

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We developed a 100% carbon fiber case. We have sizes for the IPAD and multiple laptops. These cases are designed more for taking your IPAD on the go (travel,school,work). All cases are checkpoint friendly.
www.mach3composites.com

$120 case for a sub $800 iPad. It sure looks nice, and probably works great, but the price point is a little too rich for me. Pass.

Good luck with it , though :)

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't by the one from handheldevices.com
It was cut wrong and had to return it

Most reactions

Latest posts