What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caps lock

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
double tap works with most OS keyboards, my Android KB's work the same way.

~John

jacksonian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
double tap shift has always worked on my iPhone, but never worked on my iPad 1 or now 2. What am I missing? It does what everyone says, turns off after first letter.

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On my ipad2, a single tap of the shift key turns the arrow blue (not the whole button), and only the next letter is upper case. A double tap turns the whole button blue, with the arrow remaining white. This is caps lock, and stays that way until a single tap turns it off.

jacksonian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Figured it out

You have to go into settings, keyboard, "enable caps lock"

I guess the default is off? At least it was on my iPads.

Reaction score
When it is a blue arrow on white background, the shift-key lasts for 1 letter. But when it is a white arrow on blue background, then the shift is turned on permanently.

To activate the 'sticky' shift-key, either double tap on one Shift key, or press on the two shift-keys simultaneously. Personally, do I prefer the latter one to activate it, as it always works.

Edit: That is a very good point jacksonian. Thank you for pointing out, that it has to be activated first.

Most reactions

Latest posts