What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant't get AirPrint to work!! :(((

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPadster said:
I am using print central because I recently bought an Epson workforce 610 and it's not on the list. Great move Stevo.

I have an Epson DX6050 and was thinking of a way to use it as the printer for my iPad.

First thought was to fit a bluetooth dongle purchased from Maplins. Then second thought is to connect the 2 devices with the IPad cable connected to the Pictbridge USB port.

I souls appreciate comments / advice please.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread. Advice or comments on your own experiences please.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPadster said:
I am using print central because I recently bought an Epson workforce 610 and it's not on the list. Great move Stevo.

I have an Epson DX6050 and was thinking of a way to use it as the printer for my iPad.

First thought was to fit a bluetooth dongle purchased from Maplins. Then second thought is to connect the 2 devices with the IPad cable connected to the Pictbridge USB port.

I souls appreciate comments / advice please.

I'm afraid neither will work. The iPad Bluetooth profile doesn't support printers and the iPad doesn't support USB printing. WiFi is the only way you can print from an iPad. If your printer isn't WiFi then you'll need to print wirelessly via your PC using something like 'Fingerprint'. That makes your PC look like an AirPrint printer so you can print from within apps on the iPad. The 'Fingerprint' software receives the printing data from the iPad and routes it to the printer via whatever connection you'd normally print from your PC.

You can get a 7-day free trial of FingerPrint. I use it on my PC now in preference to PrintCentral because my printer is directly supported by PrintCentral so I had to have my PC on to print anyway. FingerPrint is preferable because there's no app for the iPad, just a PC program.

Tim

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I'm afraid neither will work. The iPad Bluetooth profile doesn't support printers and the iPad doesn't support USB printing. WiFi is the only way you can print from an iPad. If your printer isn't WiFi then you'll need to print wirelessly via your PC using something like 'Fingerprint'. That makes your PC look like an AirPrint printer so you can print from within apps on the iPad. The 'Fingerprint' software receives the printing data from the iPad and routes it to the printer via whatever connection you'd normally print from your PC.

You can get a 7-day free trial of FingerPrint. I use it on my PC now in preference to PrintCentral because my printer is directly supported by PrintCentral so I had to have my PC on to print anyway. FingerPrint is preferable because there's no app for the iPad, just a PC program.

Tim

Thanks Tim
I'll give that a try. It sounds as though FingerPrint will give me more scope than emailing documents etc.

macman0403

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After spending two weeks and getting nowhere with HP (I don't speak good Indienglish) I finally found at least half the answer. My system would not work using a D-Link 665 router and the b210a with the iPad or iPhone. I sniffed around and found out the router was default setting the printer up in 802.11N. The 'N' is a bad thing and you must tell the router to set the printer up as 802.11G. You can do this by limiting the bandwidth to 20 MHz or force a particular client to 'g' only. Instantly all Apple products saw the B210a and I thought I was ready to print. Not so lucky. Sometimes I get a print and sometimes I get a time out with 'printer off line'. I know its not offline because all the Windows 7 machines see it and still print. At least I slayed the 'can't find printer' dragon. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the tip. Changing the router to a 20 MHz bandwidth worked like a charm.

Most reactions