What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can't view pdf files

dprouty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm testing out how the email attachment works on the ipad. if i send a pdf file created from a grpahics program or a jpg file as an attachment to my ipad, it comes through as being part of the email body and not as a separate attachment. If i send a text document that was exported as a pdf from word, it comes through as an attachment and i can view it in pages. Does anyone know why this happens? If it is what it is, can i save the image or pdf file to pages?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can save any embedded image by pressing on it, you'll get a dialog to copy or save.

OP
D

dprouty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDF issue

Okay, I tapped on the image and it allowed me to copy it. I go into pages and i can't paste it.... Nor can i paste it in the same email document. So if I copy an image, then where can I go to retrieve it?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm don't know why you are having that problem. Just openned an image in email, copied it and then touch pasted it into pages.

Saved images end up in the photo app under saved. Just import into pages using the image icon and look under Media.

Most reactions

Latest posts