What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't restore Ipad 4. Stuck on blue itunes connect screen (recovery mode?)

69GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 4 stuck in recovery mode. I've tried every method I could find on the with no luck. I tried to update to ios 8 and received an error 3014. I have tried it on 2 desktops, a laptop, hard wired to modem, disabled firewalls/anti virus, etc, etc. Now just trying to restore. It's stuck on a blue itunes connect screen (recovery mode?). Tried hard reset, dfu mode everything I can find. Just doing what I'm supposed to do. Update the software and now the device is unusable. Super frustrating. Any help is appreciated. I need this for my business.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP

69GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello J.A. thank you for your prompt reply. I have tried everything you have suggested including trying several usb ports directly on my computer. Here is the error I'm getting. Thanks again for your help. Hopefully I can get this resolved. Everything was working fine before this update fiasco. Truly a bummer.
Screenshot 2014-12-24 07.12.57.png

OP

69GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again. I tried the host route. I also tried a new cable to eliminate that as a part of the problem. I keep getting the same error (3014). It's Christmas eve, have presents to wrap. I guess I'll hit it again on Friday. So frustrating, just updating the software as recommended and now many unproductive hours troubleshooting. Hopefully it doesn't end up costing me moola to get this issue resolved. Technology is great when it works. Merry Christmas.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry that it didn't help so far.

A merry Christmas to you.
I hope you'll be able to solve this.

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an ipad 4 stuck in recovery mode. I've tried every method I could find on the with no luck. I tried to update to ios 8 and received an error 3014. I have tried it on 2 desktops, a laptop, hard wired to modem, disabled firewalls/anti virus, etc, etc. Now just trying to restore. It's stuck on a blue itunes connect screen (recovery mode?). Tried hard reset, dfu mode everything I can find. Just doing what I'm supposed to do. Update the software and now the device is unusable. Super frustrating. Any help is appreciated. I need this for my business.
I do also experienced this. :( Please someone answer him. :( BTW Merry Christmas to all. :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@69GT
Here's another idea:
Close all programs on the computer that are not necessary from task management and try it again.

Or free up some disc space on your computer and try again.

Try restoring your iPad with another computer.

peterjohn6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, do you try Tenorsahre Reiboot? This is a freeware and it can put iPad into and out of Recovery Mode with a single click, it is easy to use. Just try

OP

69GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, do you try Tenorsahre Reiboot? This is a freeware and it can put iPad into and out of Recovery Mode with a single click, it is easy to use. Just try

You're a lifesaver. I tried Reiboot and now my ipad is fully functional. It took it out of recovery mode as designed and now it works. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts