What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can’t move icons to the dock

TonyMan13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in the process of moving from an iPad Air to a Mini 2. I cannot get any icons to move to the dock. They just go back to where they were positioned. I have tried a restart and also a restart by holding the power and home button. I’ve never had an issue like this with the iPad Air or my iPhone, so it has me quite stymied.

Software is up to date and storage says 10.4 of 16 GB used.

Any ideas appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How many icons are already in the dock and which iOS version is your iPad Mini 2 running?

OP
T

TonyMan13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are no icons in the dock and the IOS is 11.2.6

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the app icons are in a folder, move them to the homescreen, and then add them to the dock.

OP
T

TonyMan13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They aren't in folders, these are individual icons. They are on the homepage and I am not able to drop them onto the dock.

OP
T

TonyMan13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I indicated previously that it is 11.2.6. Yes, the x is showing and they are jiggling.

Most reactions

Latest posts