What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't move apps in iOS 4.2.

domromer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded the newest os and noticed that I cannot drag apps from one screen to the next. I can move them around there current screen but I can't drag them onto another screen.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just drag them to the edge of the screen and wait half a sec. The screen should move.

Mitchgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the same problem...i drag them to the edge of the screen, over and over again, but they will NOT move to a new screen. nothing seems to work...

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the same problem...i drag them to the edge of the screen, over and over again, but they will NOT move to a new screen. nothing seems to work...

Should work. Don't know why you'd have an issue with it. It's worked every time I did it. I created several new folders so I was dragging quite a few icons from one screen to the next.

Are you making sure that you're touching the icon and moving in a downward motion towards the corner of the screen? That seems to be the key.

Mitchgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think i figured it out. for me the key is to drag to the edge of the screen (doesn't have to be the corner) SLOWLY till about half the icon disappears off the screen, and then just HOLD it for a second, and it moves to the next screen.

i was doing this thing where i'd slide it and it would bounce back and not move to the other screen...guess it was moving too fast.

ah the learning curve of the new OS. thanks for the tips guys...

Most reactions

Latest posts