What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant log into icloud. Recomadations please

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got everything set up and accounts created. I've been able to download apps from the apple store and everything. So i decide to check out iCloud on my pc so I can set up photo stream and have pictures sync. I download and install the iCloud control panel. When I try to login to www.icloud.com, it tells me that I must change my username to an email address.

I don't get this. I happen to have two apple accounts. One for my iPod and one for my new iPad. I happen to have used my email address when I set up my iPod. But used a different user name and password when I set up my iPad.

If I use my email address to sign in to the cloud it does not give me the option ( greyed out) to use photo stream. I think that happens because that account is associated with an iPod (but please correct me if I'm wrong).

I can't use my normal user name that's associated with my iPad because it wants an email address. My apple account knows these two account are associated to me (since both accounts show up when I goto the "forgot I'd" screen and enter my information. Can someone tell me if there linked in some way?

I would appreciate any help with this matter

Thank

Greygoose

OP
G

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greygoose_ipad said:
I've got everything set up and accounts created. I've been able to download apps from the apple store and everything. So i decide to check out iCloud on my pc so I can set up photo stream and have pictures sync. I download and install the iCloud control panel. When I try to login to www.icloud.com, it tells me that I must change my username to an email address.

I don't get this. I happen to have two apple accounts. One for my iPod and one for my new iPad. I happen to have used my email address when I set up my iPod. But used a different user name and password when I set up my iPad.

If I use my email address to sign in to the cloud it does not give me the option ( greyed out) to use photo stream. I think that happens because that account is associated with an iPod (but please correct me if I'm wrong).

I can't use my normal user name that's associated with my iPad because it wants an email address. My apple account knows these two account are associated to me (since both accounts show up when I goto the "forgot I'd" screen and enter my information. Can someone tell me if there linked in some way?

I would appreciate any help with this matter

Thank

Greygoose

One of my accounts does have an email address sign in.but the account. was set up with an iPod. Are theses accounts completely separate and not linked together. Do I need to set up a @me account to make this work?

Greygoose

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, the accounts are completely separate. You could have used the same account for both, but probably didn't realize that when you set up the second device.

Actually, I'm a bit out of my depth here. Ideally you should end up with a @me.com user name for your account, and it would be the same for both iCloud and iTunes. I'm not sure if the method I showed will let you create one though.

It does not have to be critical. It is perfectly all right to have separate accounts for your iTunes purchases and iCloud.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4895

So, you can either try to get your primary account (the one you do all you iPad purchases on) to change it's User ID to an @me.com account, or you can simply create a new iCloud account and use it separately from your iTunes account.

You didn't say if the iPad was brand new or not. If it is you have 90 days of free technical support from Apple. For a problem like this I'd take advantage of that. If you do, please let us know what they said, and what you did.

Also, if the iPad is new and you have not committed much money to the iTunes account you are using for the iPad, it is not too late to switch it to your iPod's account. Actually, you can switch back and forth as much as you want, but it could get very confusing as to what was purchased on what account, since you have to be logged into the right account to update or re-download purchases.

OP
G

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to sign up for a @ me account to make this work.

Also note, you cannot load the iCloud photo stream application on a windows xp system (even if you hack the install program to enable loading on an xp system).

Thanx again for the help

Greygoose

hposschelle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to log into iCloud but in the iCloud tools box it's telling that my email has to be verified. However no email in my inbox to verify. Emal address is correct. What should I do?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check your junk mail and makes sure the email did not end up there.

Also, it is going to send the verification email to what ever address you gave Apple when you created your Apple ID. Make sure that is correct.

Most reactions