What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disect the Ipad database to recover files

takedaily

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a field tech. A client brought over her ipad and windows laptop. she said that her ipad was missing some things so she did a backup to the laptop and then took the ipad to the Genious counter. There the tech did a factory refresh to the updated OS. (still an ipad first gen). She told me that she could not see her pictures or her contacts, notes, etc. I found 10 viruses on the laptop, cleaned them up and installed the new addition of itunes on the laptop. The ipad was identified and synced with the old database on the laptop. While the sync was going I noted that the content bar showed at first, pictures and what appeared to be other content. By the time the sync was completed the content bar reverted back to mostly apps. No pictures or contacts or notes. I tried a recover from the exsisting database but still not luck. Is there a way to breakdown the database to retrieve the lost files? if so can I do it without using itunes?

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a mac application called MobileSyncBrowser which might help...

Most reactions