What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can't get out of pop up! HELP!!

hjkapl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in a site that has a pop up requesting a password. I don't have it and want to get out of it. I hit 'cancel' but the pop up immediately pops up, again, not allowing me to shrink and dispose of the site. I even tried hitting 'ok' instead of 'cancel' but the same thing happens....over and over and over, again.

I tried powering down and then restarting but as soon as I go to the Safari browser, the same website/pop up is there insisting that I fill out the form.

How the heck can I get out of this pop up and get rid of the website??

Many thanks.

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One way I can think of to close all the tabs would be to go to settings then safari and turn on private browsing which will give you a pop up asking if you want to keep all or close all tabs - select close all then just turn private browsing off again...

OP
H

hjkapl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
.... turn on private browsing ...

Thanks for the suggestion but...I hate to be so useless....I went to settings and chose Safari, as per your suggestion. However, I cannot see any place to turn on private browsing!

My choices are 'autofill', 'bookmarks bar', 'fraud warning', 'javascript', 'block pop-ups (that's already 'on')', 'accept cookies' and 'databases'. There's also a 'clear history', 'clear cookies' and 'clear cache'.

Where can I find the private browsing option? Any other suggestions?

Once, again, many thanks for whatever help you can offer.

OP
H

hjkapl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG...I took the letter of your suggestion and just tried turning off my WiFi. Once I did and clicked on Safari, I got the page where I could delete the site!

Thanks so much for your help...without your suggestion, I never would have thought of trying this.

Success ;-).

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good news, glad I could kind of help!

Are you on iOS 5+ ? If not that may be why you didn't have the private browsing toggle...?

OP
H

hjkapl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I'm on 4.2.1! Are you suggesting I upgrade<g>?

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are not jailbroken then I definitely would as iOS 5 bought in several new features and I'm sure fixed a few bugs too - I'm running iOS 5.1 on my iPad 1 and have no complaints :)

Most reactions