What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 can't get by iCloud login box - controls screen

hkies1919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPad 2 has been taken over by a popup request to enter iCloud password but it doesn't accept the passwaord and immediately pops up again. Hitting Cancel does no good either. I tried changing the password to no avail either.

I can't do anything else on the IPad because after one keystroke the iCloud request pops up again and freezes everything. I tried to reset to factory settings but can't keep the popup from preventing the necessary erase request. Tried a forced reboot to no success.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?? IPad is now an expensive paper weight.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The reboot or reset should have given you enough time to do other things, if it was a normal iCloud login request. That makes me wonder if you've somehow stumbled the iPad into antitheft mode, and I have no idea how to exit that if you you can't get it to accept your ID and password.

If you have an Apple Store near you, I recommend making a genius appointment and letting them look at it.

Or, you could try recovering in DFU mode. I haven't done this either, but here's the thread that will walk you through it. Hopefully it's still relevant for iOS 7.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html

Most reactions

Latest posts