What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't add attachments from PC

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I remember the last time I had accessed the website from PC, and I had been able to add attachments to my posts. However, now, it doesn't allow me to upload attachments. Even when it says it has completed uploading them on that small window, and then I click on upload, it acts as if it has uploaded, but its not uploaded actually in my posts. Any idea how to solve this?

All help is appreciated,

Thank you!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's give it a try. I'm using a Mac, but the software should be more or less the same.

Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 10.34.24 PM.png

I suspect your attachment is too large. I had to downsize this one before I could attach it.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Let's give it a try. I'm using a Mac, but the software should be more or less the same.

View attachment 54842

I suspect your attachment is too large. I had to downsize this one before I could attach it.

I'm not quite sure if 31.8 kb is too large. I am using an XPS 15 running on Windows 7.

The problem I'm having is that even though, the dialogue box says that it is uploaded, the text indicating that the picture has actually been uploaded in the post is missing. I, however have given such a picture below, just to check if it appears when it gets posted or not. :)

Attachments

• best-pictures-night-sky-astrophotography-photo-contest-aurora-borealis-iceland_35561_600x450.jpg
    best-pictures-night-sky-astrophotography-photo-contest-aurora-borealis-iceland_35561_600x450.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 147
OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure if 31.8 kb is too large. I am using an XPS 15 running on Windows 7.

The problem I'm having is that even though, the dialogue box says that it is uploaded, the text indicating that the picture has actually been uploaded in the post is missing. I, however have given such a picture below, just to check if it appears when it gets posted or not. :)

Okay, so we do see it has been posted, but this can get many members confused with what indicated that my picture is actually uploaded in the post!

Cheers!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
31.8 kb is not too large. The image I uploaded is nearly 1MB. Originally it was over 1.6 MB.

Not sure what's going on, particularly since your post has "Attached Thumbnail" and mine doesn't. Clearly, the forum software is handling the files in a different way.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
31.8 kb is not too large. The image I uploaded is nearly 1MB. Originally it was over 1.6 MB.

Not sure what's going on, particularly since your post has "Attached Thumbnail" and mine doesn't. Clearly, the forum software is handling the files in a different way.

Yes, but I have seen this attached thumbnail thingy in other posts too.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, but I have seen this attached thumbnail thingy in other posts too.

When you select it from your photos, and you see the (attach blah, blah)and then you tap save doesn't the photo show up in the post as a full photo? Is that what you mean?
Sorry but I'm a bit confused here. Yes, that's me confused once more. If allowed to change our user name, now with two years experience, I would choose "confused . As my user name! ;) :) everyone would know why! :) :D ;) :) :D ;) :) :) :¿

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa

Last edited:
OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you select it from your photos, and you see the [attach blah, blah] and then you tap save doesn't the photo show up in the post as a full photo? Is that what you mean?
Sorry but I'm a bit confused here. Yes, that's me confused once more. If allowed to change our user name, now with two years experience, I would choose "confused . As my user name! ;) :) everyone would know why! :) :D ;) :) :D ;) :) :) :¿

M Teresa

No, it doesn't, anyways I'm fine till the time the attachment shows up. :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Am I talking about the same thing you are?

M Teresa

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, I just noticed I left out a word there. But I would like to add that in settings there is something about how photos show up as thumbnails or full photo's. Sorry but I forget if it was in the tapatalk or web app of IPF. I will fix the previous post. It is suppose to say attached. I just found out that if you use those square brackets the words inside don't show up in the post!

M Teresa

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you think of this:
image-3292620053.jpg
image-1088398104.jpg
It's in website view, but has no influence on the pictures that are posted in the forum, afaik. It's just a way to show you the attachments you posted.

In the iPF app, there's this:

image-1897881327.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions