What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cannot sync photos to iPAd with new PC

Petra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have appr. 1600 pictures in my iPad2. I recently bought a new PC and today tried to sync new pictures to the iPad. I was not able to, with Itunes stating that my other pictures were downloaded with another folder or another library. In order to download the additional pictures they would replace the existing ones.

So does this mean I can't ever sync additional pictures to the iPad just because i bought a new computer and run the risk of losing all my other pics?
The old pictures are not on the new computer, I burned them onto discs.

Also I noticed that all my downloaded music is also gone in ITunes. I'm sure there is something I can do, but I'm not a techie and would just screw everything up more with experimenting. Any advise how to fix the picture problem?

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, and...yes, this is why I hate iTunes with the heat of a thousand white-hot suns. You can only sync with one computer at a time unless you uncheck every single tab (apps, photos, etc) and your music will be wiped unless you check "manually manage music & videos."

I believe your best bet is to create photo albums on your new pc, or whatever you will be syncing with, and choose those albums to sync under the photos tab.

My advice is to sync everything to the way you want it (on one computer) - music, photos, apps, etc. Then on all future computers make sure to disable automatic syncing before plugging it in. And make sure all tabs for sync are unchecked and manually manage music is checked before plugging it into any computer other than the one you sync with. Otherwise every time it will keep wiping everything, helpfully replacing it with the contents of the current computer's library. I say "helpfully" with a boatload of sarcasm. ;)

Good luck, hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, as far as your downloaded music goes, have you authorized your new computer in iTunes? You need to do that before accessing music you've bought through iTunes. You do have it backed up somewhere, right?

My best advice is to join Google Music and spend a few days to a week letting it upload your full library, and then just use the Music Manager for your computer and the webapp in mobile and try not to open or use iTunes at all once you've done an initial sync to your device.
;)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
P

Petra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you glittergirl. I just ordered the camera kit for the iPad and will directly download the pics on the iPad foregoing the PC. Lesson learned I guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts