What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot open books in ibooks

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have over 200 books loaded in iBooks, both ePub and PDF format, and never have any problems.

If you have updated to the latest version of iOS (5.0.1) and have the latest iBooks installed (1.5) and you are unable to open any book, please take your device into an Apple store and have them look at it.

iBooks is one of the most used apps in the app store and clearly this is not normal.

There is no need to abandon the software and use another book reader - though I use several book readers as well based on the availability of ebooks in a given format. I prefer iBooks over all the rest though and look there first.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YMMV. I had a handful of iBooks, upgraded to iOS 5 and they all disappeared. (Not in iTunes, not in Purchased, etc. All my music, movies, apps, photos, email, docs, etc., migrated without problem on three iPads, two iPhones and a touch.)

If I'd paid for the disappeared iBooks, I would've been PO'd. I've since bought other iBook freebies, but don't rely on the app. I've found the Nook and Kobo apps more reliable than iBooks, but they have probs, too. Kindle books are the only ones I've not had probs with.

I'd guesstimate that I have about 1.000 ebooks over those four apps, mostly on Kindle. I use Stanza, Overdrive and Bluefire, too. I have not watched TV in years and rarely go to movies. Books are my primary entertainment.

PinkPrincess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
are you jailbroken? theres a update in cidia for the ibooks issue on jailbroken devices sorry if your not was just a thought....

OP
C

caribeguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PinkPrincess said:
are you jailbroken? theres a update in cidia for the ibooks issue on jailbroken devices sorry if your not was just a thought....

No I am not.. I can get all these books to work in the kindle app, but would sure love them to work in iBooks.

Most reactions

Latest posts