What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App icons flash, but do not open..............

orthodoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Complete newbie here.

I have downloaded a handful of free apps. After downloading some music from iTunes on a PC, whenever I touch an app to attempt to open, the app flashes and goes right back to the icon without opening the app. When I went to the app store it shows the apps as already installed. I just cannot access the apps. One is iBooks which contains a book in progress.

Heeelp!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried closing all open apps in the multitask bar and doing a reboot?

That may clear things up.

Let us know if you need the methods for doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

svemoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I experienced exactly the same problem yesterday, and beeing a newbie with the ipad I brought it with me to the dealer this morning. We tried rebooting it just the way KevinJS described with no luck. Then we tried to delete one of the free apps and then reinstalling it. Voila! Suddenly everything was up and running like a charm again:)
The problem first occured when I tried to synchronize the ipad with my pc. I obviousely disconnected the ipad the wrong way by just pulling out the plug and thereby causing a little glitch in the software.
Hope this will help you as well.

OP
O

orthodoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gracias all. I ended up just doing a reset, worked fine after that. Reloaded the apps, and my 2 docs, a book and a .pdf were both there. I may have disconnected my ipad as well, but when I went to "computer" on the PC there was no device showing on which to select "eject".

svemoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear you too got it sorted out. To "eject" the ipad from the pc you have to do so in itunes. In the left menu bar in itunes you will find a symbol for the ipad. Right beside this symbol is a batterysymbol and the symbol for eject. Push this and you should be ok.

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having problems with some apps force closing when I'm using it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NielNiel said:
I'm having problems with some apps force closing when I'm using it.

Try the solutions already offered in this thread and let us know if they work or not.

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try the solutions already offered in this thread and let us know if they work or not.

I think the problems come from the add ons from Cydia. Tried the solutions, not working.

Most reactions

Latest posts