What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot connect to YouTube

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the YouTube app that comes bundled...if your online it will work fine.

OP
iPad911

iPad911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the YouTube app that comes bundled...if your online it will work fine.
thats what im saying the youtube app dont work for me it happend today.
when i click on the youtube icon it opens up the app then it says connect connect to youtube.
im restoring the ipad now will see how it goes.

OP
iPad911

iPad911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i restored the ipad still YouTube App is not working when the app turns on it says cannot connect to youtube please someone helpp

OP
iPad911

iPad911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i fixed it the time and date was wrong on my ipad now it works.

CrystalMonteith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I checked the time and date on my iPad and it was already correct. Did you do anything else to fix the YouTube connection problem? Mine hasn't been working since I got it on April 5th.

Terry2543

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Connect to iTunes and sign into the account. Make sure you can access iTunes store then perform a sync. It should work.

pologolf08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you have to do is reset your time and date in settings. For some odd reason though, my computer's time and date are never correct, even after I've changed them.

x.r.a.t.e.d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have checked everyway possible still my Youtube is not running, and says the same old thing Cannot Connect To Youtube !!! plz give me some other ideas abt fixing this prb! thnxz

Rogi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been researching this problem for quite a while. Although I haven't pinpointed any possible solution yet but here's what I have noticed:

The videos on the YouTube app don't always fail to play with the classic "cannot connect" message. It only fails when I'm using wifi at home with my ISP. If I'm staying at a friends house with Different ISP, it works Like a Swiss watch.

Now whether my ISP somehow blocks most videos on YouTube is a weak claim, note that whenever I try to load the same video a couple of times, it works. So there's some sort of delay.

My question is, with my current set up, is it possible to port forward the YouTube app on my iPad through my wifi modem. Has anyone done it before???

Appreciate any feedback!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rogi said:
I've been researching this problem for quite a while. Although I haven't pinpointed any possible solution yet but here's what I have noticed:

The videos on the YouTube app don't always fail to play with the classic "cannot connect" message. It only fails when I'm using wifi at home with my ISP. If I'm staying at a friends house with Different ISP, it works Like a Swiss watch.

Now whether my ISP somehow blocks most videos on YouTube is a weak claim, note that whenever I try to load the same video a couple of times, it works. So there's some sort of delay.

My question is, with my current set up, is it possible to port forward the YouTube app on my iPad through my wifi modem. Has anyone done it before???

Appreciate any feedback!

Sounds like a router blocking issue...did you try resetting router to factory settings?....how old is router? There have been many other posts bout this and when they bought a new router everything was fine.

ronoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. It was working then yesterday started asking me for username and password.. but it doesn not accept them, and does not show where to go to fix. I tried resyncing but this does not work either. Any solutions would be appreciated.

Milwaukeeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How come I have a you tube app preloaded on my iPad2, but. Whenever I try to connect to you tube I t "cannot connect to you tube . This is ridiculous - and this forum was no help at all.

glabarone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have this issue - all suggestions from this forum have not worked. Tried sync with mother ship, connected to itunes on both PC and ipad2, also reset the network settings and rebooted ipad2. Still getting the "Cannot connect to YouTube" message - Anyone have other suggestions?

Most reactions

Latest posts