What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cannot access email or internet

NancieM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I try to go on the internet, I get the message "Cannot Open Page; Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet."

When i try to access email, the message is "Cannot Get Mail; The mail server ........ is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings."

When I check settings for email, the incoming mail server host name is correct pop.earthlink.net.

My husband uses the household wi-fi for his laptop and it works fine.

Thanks for any suggestions.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there...are you certain that you have your wifi settings turned on?

Go to settings/wifi/turn on. If you have never connected, you will have to search your network than add our security password to get connected.

OP
N

NancieM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi-Fi is on.

Under that it says "Choose a Network..." I see my network there with a swirling ball next to it. There is a lock symbol on the right side too. Does that sound right?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wi-Fi is on.

Under that it says "Choose a Network..." I see my network there with a swirling ball next to it. There is a lock symbol on the right side too. Does that sound right?

Yes, you need to still put in your Network security password. Simply put, your password for your home internet connection. Ask your husband what it is. Type the password and press than press "join."

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NancieM said:
Wi-Fi is on.

That swirling ball means that the iPad is trying to connect to the wifi network. If the connection is successful.the swirly ball is replaced by a check mark. The lock symbol means that it's a secure network that requires you to enter the password to access it.

OP
N

NancieM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know the password, and I must have used it in the beginning but have not needed it for months. I just click the email envelope or Safari and the ipad knows what to do, no questions asked!

On the WiFi Networks section, it does not offer me an opportunity to enter my password. What box, where?

Under "Ask to Join Networks" (which is ON), it says: Known networks will be joined automatically. If no known networks are available, you will be asked before joining a new network."

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you see your network pop us when the wifi is searching? If so, you have to tap on it and it will lead to another screen to put your password in. Somehow, you have lost your connection to your home network and when this happens, you have to re-enter your password.

If you still do not see it, try a reset. To do this: press the home button and power switch until the ipad powers off. Than turn on and try to go back to your wifi settings and see if you can enter your pass word.

By the way, has this just started for you?

OP
N

NancieM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, the reset did it and the ipad is back in operation. Thank you....thank you....thank you...skimonkey and scifan. I appreciate your help very much. No more swirling ball, just a check mark.

Fiachrag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any websites or apps like "project free tv" that you can watch tv sceries on iPad 3

Most reactions

Latest posts