What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian iBook Store

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have any guesses on how long it will be before we Canadians will be able to purchase current works throught the iBook store?

grieblm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we have to wait for Harper's Copyrights Act to come into effect...if it was voted as planned.

It is called Bill C-32 and there is a lot of opposition to this bill since it is supposedly a clone of the US copyright laws (DMCA) and would severely restrict the freedoms of ordinary Canadians. It is being pushed by the Conservative government and appears mainly to protect the rights of corporations (record producers and motion picture distributors) while making it a crime to break digital locks. It purports to allow copying for personal use but if the content is protected, the copying would be illegal.

I wouldn't hold my breath for this law to pass in a minority government.

Most reactions

Latest posts