What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you use an external cell card via USB port on iPad 2?

don484

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a prospective buyer of an iPad2. I am not thrilled with ATT or Verizon G3 option for U.S. buyers. Does anyone know if you can use an external cell card via the USB connection on an iPad2? I greatly appreciate any feedback/answers.

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Having not tried it, my confidence in this answer is not absolute. But I believe the answer is: no.

- I have seen no menu option that allows network connection through any wire or cable.
- connection of USB through camera connection kit appears limited to cameras and photos.
- Does not appear to be a lot of device drivers for USB through stock cable.

Wifi and 3g appear to be intended access to internet.

OP
D

don484

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to both oberkc and thewitt. I presumed as much, however, I appreciate your confirmation. It looks like it is going to be AT&T for my G3 connection option as it uses GSM networks and the SIM card is changeable (versus the Verizon which cannot be changed).

Most reactions

Latest posts