What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you hook headphones to the iPad?

djpritchard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never owned an iPod, so maybe this is a dumb question, buy I have to ask it. Can you hook up headphones to the iPad? I plan on using it for watching movies while traveling, and certainly can't depend on playing it through the external speaker sitting next to other passengers. Please tell me there is some adapter that will plug in and allow this. Please!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Yes, thee is a standard 1/8 inch jack on the side by the volume control. And BTW the sound is excellent. I use the Korg app to roll a loop, than record it into my sequencer program on my PC..... Anyway, it will do what you want.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW it would be interesting to know if there is a Garage Band in the works. I could see the benefits of creating music on the go with the iPad.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, thee is a standard 1/8 inch jack on the side by the volume control. And BTW the sound is excellent. I use the Korg app to roll a loop, than record it into my sequencer program on my PC..... Anyway, it will do what you want.
Yes you can. I need a good set for myself

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

sourdough70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about the Bose headsets with an IPad 1. I don't have a jack by the volume control, and the headset
Connection won't fit into the jack on the top of the IPad. Any ideas?

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes !

Im looking forward to my Beats by Dre Pro's for christmas off my mother :) top bird

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about the Bose headsets with an IPad 1. I don't have a jack by the volume control, and the headset
Connection won't fit into the jack on the top of the IPad. Any ideas?

My Bose earphones work fine with iPad, iTouch and iPhone. But if yours don't fit, you can buy an adapter at places like Radio Shack, if you want to try on for size.

sourdough70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
My Bose earphones work fine with iPad, iTouch and iPhone. But if yours don't fit, you can buy an adapter at places like Radio Shack, if you want to try on for size.

Thank you very much. Got it going with brute force. Have a good one.

Most reactions