What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can the camera connection kit do this?

nishanthbuddy92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16GB wifi only ipad.. but no wifi connections anywhere here and i havent connected it to internet yet.. what I am asking is I am having a USB camera connection kit.. can i connect a MTS USB data card through it and connect it to internet by doing a jailbreak??? help me wit it or any suggestions for connecting it to internet..

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, sorry. You can't connect to the outside world like that. You will need to have a wifi hotspot to connect to.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nishanthbuddy92 said:
I have a 16GB wifi only ipad.. but no wifi connections anywhere here and i havent connected it to internet yet.. what I am asking is I am having a USB camera connection kit.. can i connect a MTS USB data card through it and connect it to internet by doing a jailbreak??? help me wit it or any suggestions for connecting it to internet..

You were given a link in your other post from Gabriel that showed how you could turn your laptop into a wifi hotspot, did you follow the link and try the information there? If that's not possible for some reason, the only other way for you is to buy a portable wifi/modem which will allow you to connect multiple devices. This way your laptop and iPad could share this wifi connection. Hope this helps you.

Please do not start another thread on this issue!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
nishanthbuddy92

nishanthbuddy92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the link was given to download splashtop streamer.. i downloaded it but it also requires internet connection.. but that software is only to stream our ipad files in pc.. on other hand i searched for portable wifi but it showed results for portable wifi router.. wat would i do with it ???

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nishanthbuddy92 said:
if i have any idevices like iphone 3G, can i connect it to ipad??

The link you were given was the steps to take to turn your laptop into a wifi hotspot. Have another look at this.
I believe you need at least iPhone 3GS to enable a hotspot for your iPad. A mobile Router/Modem is a device which will enable several devices to connect to it for Internet coverage. Your laptop would also be able to connect.
This is the link that Gabriel gave you, please try these steps
http://www.windows7news.com/2010/03/15/how-to-setup-a-wi-fi-hotspot-for-windows7/
Let us know how you go.

OP
nishanthbuddy92

nishanthbuddy92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
connectify is working great.. i used it in my friend's laptop n connected wit my ipad.. but in mine(hp pavillion g series) the wifi is not even enabled in it after i pressed the f12 button.. its still glowing orange.. anyways you guys helped me wit a solution.. thanks a lot:D

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nishanthbuddy92 said:
connectify is working great.. i used it in my friend's laptop n connected wit my ipad.. but in mine(hp pavillion g series) the wifi is not even enabled in it after i pressed the f12 button.. its still glowing orange.. anyways you guys helped me wit a solution.. thanks a lot:D

So glad it worked on your friends laptop. I don't know why it didn't work on yours though, did you have your wifi dongle in at the time, as the iPad would essentially be sharing this Internet connection. Good luck!

OP
nishanthbuddy92

nishanthbuddy92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dude I've solved this issue on my laptop.. Now I'm connecting my iPad to Internet wirelessly.. It's great.. Thanks for your help..

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nishanthbuddy92 said:
Dude I've solved this issue on my laptop.. Now I'm connecting my iPad to Internet wirelessly.. It's great.. Thanks for your help..

Okay, that's great. But I'm female btw

Most reactions