What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone tell me why my Ipad removed all my apps after the update?

suade907

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the ipad here. I just installed the 3.2.1 update. First the ipad said it needed to backup my data which took at least 2-3 hours and then after the update I turned it on and I had zero apps installed. I had at least 4 pages worth before the update. I had to re sync them and then rearrange them manually to get them back and even then I had lost any data that was stored in any of the apps. My wife had lost all her game progress in the games she plays.

What gives? Why would this happen. Thanks I'm just curious. I have to say the ipad is great but itunes is the worst product I've ever used.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you, but when I upgraded to 3.2.1, I didn't lose any apps aftfer upgrading. I did do a manual backup before starting the upgrade. Not sure if that was the difference.

OP
S

suade907

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, I'm not even sure what jailbroken means?

OP
S

suade907

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone having issues signing into twitterific? Ever since I did the update I cannot log in anymore?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We won't get into the whole jailbreaking issue here since there is another section of the forum for that. Let's just say that it is an "alternate" method of acquiring apps that is not approved by Apple and is done at your own risk and can potentially cause undesirable "issues" with existing Apple apps. Was that politically correct enough?

But anyway, I have a 16gb iPad that is only about half empty (yeah, I am one of the people who see the glass that way!) and it didn't take anywhere near that long to back up my iPad. Even when I sync my iPad (which includes backing it up), the whole process only takes 5 minutes... maybe... depending on how much stuff I am adding.

Other than restarting you computer and your iPad, this might be an issue for your friendly Apple Care representative.

Most reactions

Latest posts