What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps not working after update. Help!

Tomvizzle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I plugged my iPad into my pc and decided to update to 4.2. After the update, none of my downloaded apps are working. :confused: When I select it, the screen flashes the app, but then returns back to the home screen. I see them all in the multi-task bar though. What's going on?! Did my iPad never finish updating or syncing? Please help. I've only had my iPad for a day and it's ruining my experience. Thanks.

-Tommy

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do a power cycle.... turn off ipad by holding the power/sleep button and slide to power off.. If that doesn't work then while the ipad is on hold that same button and hold the home/circle button at the same time until the slide screen comes and goes and the apple logo appears.. if that doesn't work try hooking back up to itunes and doing a restore.

also check that your apps are updated via the appstore

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happened to me too, after the upgrade.
All you need to do is to re-Sync all your application with the iTune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am having the same problem, but i erase one by selecting it for a while until it can move, but i touch the x botton to erase it, and redownloaded and it seems to be solved. I he it works for you too. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts