What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help . Updated ipad 2 to 5.0 and have lost all my progress on my games

kitty14091990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I've just updated my ipad2 to 5.0 and backed my iPad up before I did it . It updated no problems and I've put my apps all back on yet on some of my games the progress I made on he games which I got up alot of levels( also I purchased coins as well ) has all been erased and does anyone have any idea as to how I can get it back .

I'm not very good at this as I've only had my iPad 2 since 14/09/11

Many thanks :)

Luddite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated last night and lost all keyboard sound. Clicks, alerts, etc. Though music and movies still have sound. have tried all suggested fixes I can find in this forum. Toggled settings buttons, double clicked home, restarted, and checked the soft controls as well. No dice. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi

I've just updated my ipad2 to 5.0 and backed my iPad up before I did it . It updated no problems and I've put my apps all back on yet on some of my games the progress I made on he games which I got up alot of levels( also I purchased coins as well ) has all been erased and does anyone have any idea as to how I can get it back .

I'm not very good at this as I've only had my iPad 2 since 14/09/11

Many thanks :)

Sounds like you stopped the process before it put the apps back itself, though that is no guarantee of saved game progress. I lost at least one myself. About all you can do it connect it to iTunes again and try another Restore from Backup.

Open iTunes first, before you connect the iPad, and go to Preferences, the Devices tab, and check the box to prevent auto-sync.

Connect your iPad, right click on it in iTunes and select Restore from Backup. Hold in mind you'll lose anything else you've done since that backup. It might be worth while just thinking of this as an opportunity to beat all your previous records and achievements.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I updated last night and lost all keyboard sound. Clicks, alerts, etc. Though music and movies still have sound. have tried all suggested fixes I can find in this forum. Toggled settings buttons, double clicked home, restarted, and checked the soft controls as well. No dice. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Your problem is probably just the Mute switch. It is either the slider above the volume switch, or in the multitask bar (double tap the Home button and slide the icons to the right). Depends on how you have it set up under General Settings. Mute disables system sounds only, though a few poorly coded apps are also silenced.

Most reactions

Latest posts