What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can post from PC, but not from iPad ?

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As of yesterday, it appears I can't post to the forums from my iPad. The Message block is grayed out and nothing can be typed there.

I belong to several forums, and can post to them just like before.

I can post here from my computer with no problem, so apparently I haven't been blocked and it's an iPad specific problem with this forum.

Any ideas? :confused:

edit: on further examination, this is only occurring with Atomic Web Browser which is my usual browser. Safari works ok. Very odd....

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is an issue with browsers other than safari I have the same problem
If some one can provide a fix it would be great as it stopped me using alternative browsers. The problem occurs on other forums as well
Col

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Drag Bunt

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So far, I haven't had a problem posting from Atomic in any other forum but this one. For example, macrumors.com works just fine, which leads me to believe it must be a problem with the forum software here.

Edit: I can post successfully from Atomic to AppleInsider.com which, like this forum, runs vbulletin software, so it appears to be a site problem. How do we bring this to the attention of the tech staff here?

Edit 2: Sent a msg to the Webmaster linked to this post.

Last edited:
OP
Drag Bunt

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Workaround found

In Atomic Browser settings, set the browser to emulate Safari iPad mode. After that, posts (like this one) work ok.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Atomic specifically because it can make other websites think it is a different browser. One of the main things I do is maintain a website through Microsoft (Ooops! I said a dirty word!) Office Live and the only way you can get into the administrative side of things is to be using IE so it is helpful to be able to do that from my iPad.

The other thing it offers is tabbed browsing. While you can open up multiple browsing screens with Safari, you can only get to them by using the multi-screen function.

ipad17.jpg

With Atomic, each page has its own tab at the top of the screen making it a little easier to get to. There is a "lite" version of Atomic you can try for free so you can see for yourself if you like it.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I have done some research and yes I know I am crazy but I have 8 browsers which is almost every one available. You may ask why and it's a good question. I provide support not only here and iphone4 forums but also user groups and my own client base.
Note in each case I signed in to the forum

So here is the hot list of browsers that allow you to edit and post in this and other forums.
1) Safari. - no problems
2) Perfect browser - change preferences to safari desktop rendering
3) Atomic web - change preferences to safari iPad
4) iCab - change preferences to safari support

This list is browsers that do not allow you to post into text boxes in not only this forum but others as well. Text boxes are grayed out

1) Super web. No option to change to safari in pref
2) Browser duo - no option to change to safari in pref
3) Readdle docs - no option to change to safari in pref
4) ibrowser - no option to change to safari in pref

I have no answers to why this is the case and yes I have reported it to the developers of each app that has problems. Maybe someone in the forum knows why. I hope this information is useful I look forward to comments and any updates that may correct the issue So that we can keep you informed.
Late note, admin is investigating this problem
Col.Bris

OP
Drag Bunt

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the Atomic browser better then the Safari ? If so what makes it so?

"Better" is subjective. It's better for me because of the tabbed browsing which is similar to Firefox - my browser of choice everywhere else.

Plus I can lock it down with a password, which is handy when you have multiple people using the same iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts