What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can not sign up for mobile me

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded new OS 4.2 for the iPad and would like to create a mobileme account so I can add the "find my iPad app". However, I can not create an Apple id. When I access the web page for instructions, I see if I have an iTunes account, my user id for mobileme would be the same. But when I attempt to set up a mobileme account I am instructed the Apple id must be my email address. So, when I put in my email address, mobileme tells me the user name or password I have entered is incorrect. I have tried setting up the mobileme, Apple id account on both my computer and my iPad but can not get past the above problem.

I have no problem accessing the iTunes store and all my info in my profile is correct...just can't obtain an Apple id that mobileme wants.

Any suggestions?:(

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just use the email on your iTunes account. Then go to setting and create a MobileMe account just like your adding a new email account to your iPad.

Chng238

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I tried many time, same thing pop up, keep telling me you password for mail.me.com is incorrect....

I using same email for iTunes......

Please advice. Thank you..

Lorrix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just curious...

Is your user ID for Itunes a name, or an email address?

Mine was just a name, not an email address. For MobileMe, it's gotta be an email address. I went in to change it to my email address, discovered I had a second account with my main email attached to it.

So I went into that second account, changed the email address for it, went into my main account, changed the user ID to my main email address.

That worked until I went to verify my account. I keep trying to send myself account verification emails and they don't come, so I can't verify my account. In addition I can no longer log into my account and use it because it tells me I need to verify my account and logs me out.

I can't make purchases either. I'm guessing that syncing is going to suck too.

Really bizarre and an incredibly irritating issue to have happen the day before Thanksgiving.

Just my luck!

Chng238

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iTunes account is email address, but can't register with mobilme, i been trying from yesterday..... Don't know where go wrong....

Can someone advice it....

Thank you

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its whatever email/password you use to purchase apps on your iPad...if you are able to purchase apps you are able to setup find my iPhone.

OP
PvtMatter

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MobileMe signup

its whatever email/password you use to purchase apps on your iPad...if you are able to purchase apps you are able to setup find my iPhone.

Unfortunately MobileMe requires an id that is an email address. My iTunes account, which I have used for years to purchase songs, apps, etc., is NOT an email address. The problem, as previously stated, is I can not establish a new apple id because MobileMe says I am already registered.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
  1. Open iTunes.
  2. Choose Store > Sign In.
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password, then click the Sign In button.
  4. Choose Store > View My Account.
  5. Enter your account password and click the View Account button.
To update your email address, follow these instructions:
  1. From the Apple Account Information page, click the Edit Account Info button.
  2. Enter your new email address into the Email Address field.
  3. Click the Done button.
To update your name, billing address, or payment information, follow these instructions:
  1. From the Apple Account Information page, click the Edit Payment Information button.
  2. Edit the information that you would like to change. Note: The payment methods that the iTunes Store accepts can be found in the payment type section. If you do not want a payment method on your account, select None in the payment type section.
  3. Click the Done button once you have updated all of your information.

Additional Information

Notes
  • If you use an AOL screen name to sign in to the iTunes Store, editing your information on the Apple Account Information page will not carry over to your AOL account. If you need to update your AOL account information please contact AOL.
  • If your account information does not match your credit card, you may get a message stating "The credit card was declined."
  • When you update your credit card number or billing address through the iTunes Store, any equivalent information you might use with MobileMe, Apple Store online, iPhoto, or Aperture is also updated.
  • The iTunes Store will place a minimal authorization hold on your credit card each time that you update your account information (equal to around 1 USD). The authorization hold is not a charge. The authorization hold is placed on your credit card to make sure that the information provided matches the information on file with your financial institution. The authorization hold will not be displayed in your iTunes Store purchase history.
    1. Open iTunes.
    2. Choose Store > Sign In.
    3. Enter your Apple ID and password, then click the Sign In button.
    4. Choose Store > View My Account.
    5. Enter your account password and click the View Account button.
    To update your email address, follow these instructions:
    1. From the Apple Account Information page, click the Edit Account Info button.
    2. Enter your new email address into the Email Address field.
    3. Click the Done button.
    To update your name, billing address, or payment information, follow these instructions:
    1. From the Apple Account Information page, click the Edit Payment Information button.
    2. Edit the information that you would like to change. Note: The payment methods that the iTunes Store accepts can be found in the payment type section. If you do not want a payment method on your account, select None in the payment type section.
    3. Click the Done button once you have updated all of your information.

Additional Information

Notes
    • If you use an AOL screen name to sign in to the iTunes Store, editing your information on the Apple Account Information page will not carry over to your AOL account. If you need to update your AOL account information please contact AOL.
    • If your account information does not match your credit card, you may get a message stating "The credit card was declined."
    • When you update your credit card number or billing address through the iTunes Store, any equivalent information you might use with MobileMe, Apple Store online, iPhoto, or Aperture is also updated.
    • The iTunes Store will place a minimal authorization hold on your credit card each time that you update your account information (equal to around 1 USD). The authorization hold is not a charge. The authorization hold is placed on your credit card to make sure that the information provided matches the information on file with your financial institution. The authorization hold will not be displayed in your iTunes Store purchase history.

Chng238

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried again today....

Setting / mail,contacts,calendars / add account / mobile me...

I enter my email account and password with iTunes. I using this email start from 3GS. And bought Nos of apps from store....

But I still face the same problem over and over....

Cannot get mail
The user name or password for " mail.me.com" is incorrect...

Can someone please tell me, where am I go wrong....

Thank you....

hvaughan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot Verify

I am having the same problem as Lorrix. When I try to set up the MobileMe account, I get a message that says that they will send me a verify email; however the address that should be my email address is blank, and the email message never arrives. Since i cannot verify, the account will not set up. Any ideas?
Thanks

chaser1021

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried again today....

Setting / mail,contacts,calendars / add account / mobile me...

I enter my email account and password with iTunes. I using this email start from 3GS. And bought Nos of apps from store....

But I still face the same problem over and over....

Cannot get mail
The user name or password for " mail.me.com" is incorrect...

Can someone please tell me, where am I go wrong....

Thank you....

I had the same problem as you did but the way I figured it out was to enter the same email address I was using for iTunes into the section that asks for a name and then entered the same ITunes email in the Address field and password into the password field. Hope this helps. Don't know if this was the right way to do it but it worked for me

hvaughan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Signing on to MobileME

That worked for me also, Chaser. Evidently apple requires the same I>D> and password for all products. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts