What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad security

jmcarrillo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently downloaded the "Find my iPhone" app. I was hoping to be able to configure "Find iPad" on my iPad so that i can locate it if it is stolen. However, when i tried to set up i realised that i needed a MobileMe account, apart from my iTunes account. Now, since Apple is allowing any new MobileMe accounts that won't work. So how do i protect my iPad? What other software is there on the market that will help me to find it if it's lost or stolen?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You should still be able to create a account just for using find my iPhone. It's not a full MobileMe account you need. I created a account and if I log onto me.com the only thing I can do is find my iPhone.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Defbref is right. Just sign in using your iTunes account and don't worry about the MobileMe stuff.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to me.com and set it up first.

But you set it up on the iPad and just use your iTunes credentials. Then you will get an email to verify. Then go back to mail settings and turn findmyiphone on.

OP
J

jmcarrillo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that earlier but it didn't work so well. Now I realise why. The version of IOS on the tablet is 3.2.2, so the interface is different. I have another problem because i can't seem to get IOS or iTunes on the PC to update. I keep getting "can't contact update server error" 1394 and 23.

Most reactions

Latest posts