What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can not get pop-up windows in safari

J Jackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a fairly new IPad Air user. I have learned a lot through this forum but I am having a continual problem. I pay all of my bills on the internet and have one account that uses a pop-up window for the payment process. At first I never got anything as I began the process but then figured out that they were using a pop-up window. I changed my safari setting before I get on the payment site to allow pop-ups.

Now when I enter the site, a message pops up that states that the site is requesting to use a pop-up window. The selection to move forward is allow or block. When I select Allow, Safari locks up and does not process the request.

Am I missing any other settings that need changed???

thank you for your input..

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To to Settings and Safari and enable Pop-Ups by turning "Block Pop-Ups" off.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you set "Block Cookies" to "Always" in Settings - Safari - Privacy & Security, you'll have problems with e-billing, afaik. Better choose "From third parties and advertisers".

Hope that helps.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Please do not post twice on your issue as it divides the information given and makes it confusing for members to follow. It is also against our Forum Rules, your other post has now been deleted.

Let us know if any of the great advice given has helped you.

OP
J

J Jackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for the input... Have went back and tried the suggestions and still get the same results.... when entering the site, a dialog box comes up that states that safari is requesting to use a pop up window. the selections are "allow or block". When selecting allow, safari hangs up until I close safari down ..... Any other thoughts on this matter...

To leelai.... MyBad, the first post had several views and no replies, I tried to delete the original post but could not figure out how to delete... thank you for a good forum

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thank you for the input... Have went back and tried the suggestions and still get the same results.... when entering the site, a dialog box comes up that states that safari is requesting to use a pop up window. the selections are "allow or block". When selecting allow, safari hangs up until I close safari down ..... Any other thoughts on this matter... To leelai.... MyBad, the first post had several views and no replies, I tried to delete the original post but could not figure out how to delete... thank you for a good forum

Did you close out the app first after applying the changes in Safari?.....it may need this for the changes to take effect.

Have you had a look to see if there is an app available for whoever you are trying to pay? I pay all my bills on the net also and use the banking apps which are available for mine.

As to the other matter, if you don't get a reply within 48 hours you may bump your post......it's always best when asking for help to post your thread in the Help Forum....as I see you did do this time....it's just that more members who do want to help look at these threads. You can also pm any of our Moderators or myself and we can move a thread for you.

Do you use our app? I find it much easier to navigate rather than the site...... I'll attach a link to it and also to a Tutorial for it. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8 Tutorial for our App http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html

Most reactions

Latest posts