What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

allowing pop ups in atomic browser

limbic2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to use Quickbooks on line on my ipad. I downloaded atomic browser, and can get the full web page site (not the mobile site). However, when I try and use it, it tells me that I have to allow pop ups, and I can't find a way to allow this in Atomic. I have enabled safari on my ipad to allow pop ups. Any suggestions?

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Atomic Browser on my iPad and there is no setting for Pop ups. As was said above, there is an Ad block setting, though.

OP
L

limbic2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ad blocker is off, but alas, no luck. Do you think any other full website app would avoid this issue? Any other suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No idea. I don't see a pop up blocker setting in iCab Mobile either. That would usually be my other third party browser choice.

Billiards4me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive found this thread, describing my same problem. Did you ever figure out a way to use the full web version of quickbooks online? I too have an iPad, an can't get QB to work how I want. Thank you for any help!

Phil

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nothing much new. You can unblock popups in Settings > Safari, but if that doesn't do the job I doubt any other webkit based browser on the iPad will.

You could give Opera Mini a try. It's not webkit.

toritaiyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not possible to use quickbooks online (full website view) on iPad.

After reading threads like this and trying a lot of tricks I ALMOST got quickbooks online to work in full website (desktop) view on our work iPad. ALMOST

I tried iCab, Atomic, Diigo (a chrome copycat for iPad) and other browsers to spoof quickbooks into thinking the iPad was running firefox desktop.

That, as the original poster mentioned did NOT solve the popup problem. Also, eventhough Diigo has specific settings for allowing popups that did not help either.

So, as a workaround I opened quickbooks online up on my desktop, logged in and copied the url

https:// qbo.intuit.com/c36/v49.198/ NuMb3rs /frameset?htype=new

Then in Atomic (with it set to be identified as Firefox) I went to qbo.intuit.com and logged in. It shows the enable popup page.

But then I opened a separate tab and entered in the url mentioned above.
That allowed me to enter into our quickbooks online account in full website view.

I was able to navigate around. But when I tried to search customers, add new customers, etc. I received errors.
Quickbooks uses a popover for its "add customer" feature and much of the program is probably using frames or something to load the various parts of the site.

SO, long story short, Quickbooks online mobile version exists for good reason.... the regular version has too much junk to work with mobile browsers :-(

AND, the quickbooks mobile version does not allow descriptions in invoices/estimates! Have you ever EVER created an invoice without descriptions???!!! And really isn't it just one extra field in the program? Why could they not just add that one small feature that would make their program actually useful *frustration*

Anyway, enough ranting (sorry)

Switching to Freshbooks.... now

Most reactions

Latest posts