What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can iPad 2 connect to projector wirelessly?

CHayes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for you quick replies! I appreciate it greatly.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
westy said:
Does the ipad supply power to the transmitter the way a USB cable would on a laptop? Or do you need another power source in there somewhere?

It plugs into a wall outlet.
Not sure how practical this is. I guess it depends on the application.

64GB 3G White iPad

LarryC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cable from iPad to inFocus

where can i get the cable for iPad to projector? haven't seen one in apple store?

resq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These cords are only very short....would there be longer ones available.
I have an interactive whiteboard. I would like to use ipad/iphone apps on the whiteboard. Could do it directly by plugging the ipad into the projector...BUT the projector is ceiling mounted. :eek:

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
resq said:
I have an interactive whiteboard. I would like to use ipad/iphone apps on the whiteboard. Could do it directly by plugging the ipad into the projector...BUT the projector is ceiling mounted. :eek:

That is because they are adaptors not cords. You have to buy an HDMI cord to go with it. You can get those anyplace like best buy and any length.

64GB 3G White iPad

Reaction score
resq said:

Any ceiling mounted projector has extension cables running down, so that you can connect devices from the desk. It is not ideal, because you still need the cable plugged into your iPad, so walking up and down the lecture room is limited.

bikernick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, But apple does sell a cable for it. You can Find It at this link: Apple . Also there is an iPad 2 jailbreak released today for iPad 2, Here is the link for that: ha1l.tk

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is possible with BigStream. I have it and it works ok. You just have to use VGA apps with I. They are rumored to be releasing a HDMI version later this year.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There must be something out that works, I was at a board meeting several weeks ago and the CEO was showing a presenation on a big screen via his iPad. Or at least he was controlling the big screen via his iPad. And I know it was set up via Bluetooth because I was in the room when IT was called in to setup the Bluetooth connection....Basicaly, all he did was bring up new slides with sweeping jestures on his iPad

Reaction score
CaptKirk said:
There must be something out that works, I was at a board meeting several weeks ago and the CEO was showing a presenation on a big screen via his iPad. Or at least he was controlling the big screen via his iPad. And I know it was set up via Bluetooth because I was in the room when IT was called in to setup the Bluetooth connection....Basicaly, all he did was bring up new slides with sweeping jestures on his iPad

Yes, but that is an entirely different setup.

You can easily use the iPad as a remote for a laptop. But the other way around, I.e. having the iPad screen show up on the projector wirelessly is quite difficult.

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Yes, but that is an entirely different setup.

You can easily use the iPad as a remote for a laptop. But the other way around, I.e. having the iPad screen show up on the projector wirelessly is quite difficult.

It's truly not that difficult. Buy BigStream it works fine.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts