What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can iPad 2 connect to projector wirelessly?

kkellogg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I am piloting iPads in the classroom for my school district this year.
I'm trying to use the same setup with an Apple TV connected to an HDMI to VGA converter to connect my iPad2 to my Hitachi projector in my classroom. The tech dept just got the Apple TV in, and they hooked it up the the wireless network. My iPad is also connected to the same network. I can see the Apple TV as an airplay option, but when I tried to play a simple photo slideshow it gave me the message that the network timed out. Since my district is very new to using Apple, I would appreciate any advice that I can pass along to help guide them in the right direction to get things working. Thanks in advance for your help!

pmuldoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kkellogg said:
Hi, I'm new here. I am piloting iPads in the classroom for my school district this year.
I'm trying to use the same setup with an Apple TV connected to an HDMI to VGA converter to connect my iPad2 to my Hitachi projector in my classroom. The tech dept just got the Apple TV in, and they hooked it up the the wireless network. My iPad is also connected to the same network. I can see the Apple TV as an airplay option, but when I tried to play a simple photo slideshow it gave me the message that the network timed out. Since my district is very new to using Apple, I would appreciate any advice that I can pass along to help guide them in the right direction to get things working. Thanks in advance for your help!

Make sure you select both Appletv and that mirroring is on. Both are necessary for you to use your system wirelessly. Have you been able to successfully see your iPad home screen displayed on your projection screen at all? If you have that is a good sign. What kind of converter called. I just got my wireless iPad2-appletv2-hdmi to vga converter-projector system up and running this last Monday and have been timed out only after I have not used my iPad for a bit. Otherwise, working great all day long.
Let me know how things go. I am very interested.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This coming week Apple is having a event in New York about something educational. So perhaps they'll introduce something helpfull.

Sent from my jailbroken K48,

S

sanjmeh

biobunny said:
This coming week Apple is having a event in New York about something educational. So perhaps they'll introduce something helpfull.

Sent from my jailbroken K48,

Any more information on the new York event?

S

sanjmeh

kkellogg said:

Did you manage to connect? Can I ask what are the apps you use when you go live on the projector, or you plan to use when you go live? Are you using the iPad as a white board that gets displayed through the projector? Is anyone you know uses it that way? Thanks a ton. Sanjay

Most reactions

Latest posts