What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I sync my iMac & MacBookPro to the iPad3 ?

bootsieontheipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I sync my iMac & MacBookPro to the iPad3 ?

Ive tried but it appears that I can only sync one? I sync the MacBook Pro which is at home fine. Then I came to the studio to sync the iMac but it has erased all the data that sync'd from the MacBookPro. Annoying if you cant sync both because I do different work on both.

Help please.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What work requires syncing to more than one machine?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since it's unlikely you are talking about syncing separate media libraries (since keeping those in sync between your 2 PC's would also be an issue), I take it you must be talking about using iTunes to sync documents onto the device for use in particular apps?

In that case, you are much better to consider using some of the cloud technologies, such as dropbox. You can use that from multiple PC's and iDevices whilst keeping your documents fully in sync and a large number of apps will integrate directly with dropbox directly or via the dropbox app.

Let us know what kind of files it is that you are syncing and that may give us a clue to be able to suggest a full solution.

pastorpatsue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens if the computer your iPad syncs to all the sudden dies and you want to use another computer as the mothership?

I own an older iMac and a newer macbook pro and am thinking that I might want to make the laptop the mother ship soon before the iMac dies but I don't know how to do it without erasing the iPad.

Patrick

Most reactions

Latest posts