What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I return my iPad to "Factory Settings"?

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
Hi again,
I am thinking of selling my iPad 2 on eBay but I don't want all of my personal stuff left on there.
Is there a sort of "One click does it all" thing or is it a case of going through everything piece by piece and deleting all my files individually?
Cheers for any info,
Steve

L

Lunar

Just go into settings, then select General and right near the bottom you will find the Reset options. You can put it back to factory default from there.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may want to back ip your iPad with iTunes on your computer and do the restore to factory settings from there. This way you can use the backup to set up a replacement iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lunar said:
Just go into settings, then select General and right near the bottom you will find the Reset options. You can put it back to factory default from there.

Here are some screenshots illustrating this method.

image-1017007716.jpg

image-3459231479.jpg

OP
5teve

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
Thanks for the excellent replies, guys.
I have already saved all of my docs, photos etc but I just want to make sure that the new owner won't be able to get hands on my bank details and user names, pass words etc. I think I'll just use option one and use settings. I may even reset it 3 or 4 times just to be sure, lol
Thanks again,
Steve

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
5teve said:
Thanks for the excellent replies, guys.
I have already saved all of my docs, photos etc but I just want to make sure that the new owner won't be able to get hands on my bank details and user names, pass words etc. I think I'll just use option one and use settings. I may even reset it 3 or 4 times just to be sure, lol
Thanks again,
Steve

Once is good enough. There isn't any way for a new owner to recover your data if you erase your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts