What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can I keep the iPod on in BOX?

metatate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First post here …

I'm assuming this is OK to do to an iPad but I want to verify …
I'm planning on giving my wife her 3G iPad as a gift on her birthday tomorrow and I want to set an alarm to wake her up while the iPad is wrapped in wrapping paper and still int eh box with the protective plastic cover.

Is it OK to contain the iPad in such a way when it is on / sleeping?

Thanks.
Tate

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gotta ask...

Have you actually tried this to make sure the alarm will be loud enough? If it is, I would make sure it is fully charged and probably NOT keep the plastic wrapper on it.

BTW, nice gift!

OP
M

metatate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I actually just thought of it and the device is at home =)

I think you are right about the plastic too.
Thanks.

I gotta ask...

Have you actually tried this to make sure the alarm will be loud enough? If it is, I would make sure it is fully charged and probably NOT keep the plastic wrapper on it.

BTW, nice gift!

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep my iPad in a Targus Z case which is a sleeve type case that totally encloses the iPad and have never had a problem, so you won't have to worry about it overheating or anything. As long as it's not on a charger, there shouldn't be any issues.

The alarm being loud enough would be the only hurdle that I can see.

OP
M

metatate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - maybe I will wrap the cover of the box and prop it up slightly for a subwoofer effect ;]
I'll try it tonight.

I keep my iPad in a Targus Z case which is a sleeve type case that totally encloses the iPad and have never had a problem, so you won't have to worry about it overheating or anything. As long as it's not on a charger, there shouldn't be any issues.

The alarm being loud enough would be the only hurdle that I can see.

Gary_P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Indeed , nice gift.

I would buy my wife one for Xmas as well except for the fact that ever since I got mine I am apparently "obsessed with the damn thing and (you) would sleep with it if there was an app to ___ you".

I might let the dust settle before considering it an appreciated gift idea.

I did go through the same thing with the Blackberry until she got one.

What a great "I told you so" that one was. Nothing better than seeing her leaning on the kitchen counter with the blackberry in hand. A little internal grin is often the most satisfying.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would buy my wife one for Xmas as well except for the fact that ever since I got mine I am apparently "obsessed with the damn thing and (you) would sleep with it if there was an app to ___ you".
That's funny... my wife never mentioned the fact she had a twin sister!

OP
M

metatate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - so I was given additional inspiration …*maybe an "alarm" that sings happy birthday and shows a cake or something cheesy like that?
Is there an app for that?

OP
M

metatate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's good to know we reside in the same boat. =] I suppose in a way these "gifts" to them serve many purposes ;)

OP
M

metatate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to update anyone who was curious … the iPad was actually quite loud when still in the box … It almost functioned as a subwoofer - well it was definitely bassy … I put the volume of the alarm app on about 68% or something and it was just right as not to completely frighten her -
although she was definitely confused why after she turned off her alarm, the musuc kept going =>)

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear the plan worked out well! I'm sure the look on her face was priceless as she was trying to figure out why her box was singing.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

About a year ago I gave my lady a iPod touch loaded a couple of games including 7 she loved it only problem is she spends hours playing the game. Oh well that's life I must say it is cheaper than playing the pokies lol. She has her own play lists and special apps An ipad is a great gift install a couple of the top cooking applications and load up some special pictures of both of you and run the slide show. Enjoy

Most reactions