What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I add pictures to Ipad w/o syncing to my Ipod thru itunes? ? ?

buddy in texas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Meeting an old high school friend tomorrow from 40+ years back and wanted to show photos to him on wife's Ipad simply b/c it's bigger and easier for old eyes to see. I already have and use itunes on my PC for my Ipod, but don't want to sync the Ipad with my itunes. I don't want my music, etc. on her Ipad and she doesn't want it on there either.

Question: Is there a way to add photos and videos from my PC to wife's Ipad without syncing the Ipad to the itunes and adding all the music etc.? Again she doesn't want my stuff on her Ipad. Is this making sense? How would it be done? Thanks in advance.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could use the dropbox app. It's free and easy to use. You'd install it on the PC and iPad and then once the photos are uploaded they can be retrieved with any device that has dropbox installed on it. You could also use the cloud. You get free cloud storage and could place the images up there and then they can be retrieved from another device. Hope one of these options can help out. I know what you mean though, iTunes is NOT my preferred way to sync things!

OP
B

buddy in texas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am a little familiar with the cloud but have never used it. How do I find the "dropbox" app? Would I just Google it?

OP
B

buddy in texas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received the following answer to my question in the introduction to this forum, so I am reposting here it that others can view it. This was answered by a moderator from Australia. It is exactly what I was inquiring about.

If you don't want to sync your photos from PC to iPad (and that's not such a bad way to do it), another method is to purchase an Apple Camera Connection Kit and transfer the photos to your iPad if you still have those photos on your camera SD card. Even if you don't, you can always Copy/Paste them from PC to an SD card and then get them onto your iPad with the CCK.
Andrew

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I received the following answer to my question in the introduction to this forum, so I am reposting here it that others can view it. This was answered by a moderator from Australia. It is exactly what I was inquiring about.

If you don't want to sync your photos from PC to iPad (and that's not such a bad way to do it), another method is to purchase an Apple Camera Connection Kit and transfer the photos to your iPad if you still have those photos on your camera SD card. Even if you don't, you can always Copy/Paste them from PC to an SD card and then get them onto your iPad with the CCK.
Andrew

Hi Buddy - yes, there are a number of options - now, if you do not own a CCK, then will necessitate a purchase ($10 or less for 3rd party ones & $37 for Apple's product); plus, if the images you want to put on the iPad are not still on the camera's storage card (e.g. SD type), then you need to transfer them back into the DCIM folder of the camera card and name each w/ the proper file format used by the camera brand - more information HERE about the latter issue.

So, my suggestion is to use a 'cloud based' choice and Dropbox is easy & free, as already suggested - good luck in your project and let us know how you solved the transfer - might help others? Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts