What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I change my primary apple id from icloud.com to gmail.com?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Next idea: did you look at the Spam folder in your Gmail account? Maybe you received a verification email, but didn't find it, because it's in Junk/Spam.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Next idea: did you look at the Spam folder in your Gmail account? Maybe you received a verification email, but didn't find it, because it's in Junk/Spam.

Well I found verification email for the forums, but not to change my primary apple ID.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the only choice I have :/ Thanks anyways. Really a frustrating experience. I really don't like iCloud as it doesn't handle well for me :/
Sorry that your experiences with iCloud are not the best ones.

Apple Support will be able to help you solve your problem, I hope.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the only choice I have :/ Thanks anyways. Really a frustrating experience. I really don't like iCloud as it doesn't handle well for me :/ How can I email them?
I don't know if that's possible.

From the link I provided, you'll have to select the right country first. The link is from the US Support site. Tap here:

image-2069437969.jpg

Then choose your country. You'll get this page next:

image-3252154553.jpg

Choose the one which says "Apple ID". On the next page, look for "Contact Us":

image-3796253671.jpg

This will lead you to your country's Support site and there you'll find all the options to contact Apple Support. It's possible that you just find telephone numbers there.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry that your experiences with iCloud are not the best ones.

Apple Support will be able to help you solve your problem, I hope.

So I have to call them, which isn't really available because I don't have a phone. Can I email them instead?

Thank you.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if that's possible.

From the link I provided, you'll have to select the right country first. The link is from the US Support site. Tap here:

View attachment 55134

Then choose your country. You'll get this page next:

View attachment 55135

Choose the one which says "Apple ID". On the next page, look for "Contact Us":

View attachment 55136

This will lead you to your country's Support site and there you'll find all the options to contact Apple Support. It's possible that you just find telephone numbers there.

Seems that I can email them if I have iTunes problem. So Apple ID's may also count as an iTunes problem so it may work out for me.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose iTunes refers to the software on a computer, but you can try anyhow.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had enough of apple support. They kept giving me ways to change it even though I specifically said that I already tried doing so. And I said I wanted my primary email, yet they kept saying changing apple ID or rescue email, and said that you can't change it if it was once an iCloud email, when people managed to do so.

I am getting impatient with the stupidity of apple support. It took like 10 emails to explain my situation. And a couple more messages to explain that I already tried those steps.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I told you, the primary email address is the Apple ID.

They had to start from zero, because they didn't already know what you told me yesterday. So there's still no solution, I suppose?

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As I told you, the primary email address is the Apple ID.

They had to start from zero, because they didn't already know what you told me yesterday. So there's still no solution, I suppose?

Oh that clears things up.

I told them everything I told you. They say apple supoort cannot change my apple ID. So I guess they can't do anything. Looks oike I either live it with ipir test this out on other devices, other than my laptop, which I already tried.

Most reactions

Latest posts