What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Surveillance App io6

derby12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure this is the right forum but hoping for some assistance. I have a six camera security system that I monitor with my iPad and iPhone while out of town. After downloading the new iOS today the app to monitor my system remotely no longer works. I was using Mobile-view 2. I have tried numerous apps this evening and none will work with this iOS. I know it is not a system problem as I can remote in using my laptop. Anyone else in this situation who may have located a working app? Hopefully an update will roll out for mobile viewer but I was hoping someone here might have a working app to suggest. Thanks in advance.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My best bet is for you to contact the developers of the app and make them aware of the issue you're experiencing. Maybe they are working on an update or maybe not, because nobody as notified them about it yet.

OP
D

derby12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I have researched looking for a contact and it appears there is no email support contact or I haven't found the correct site yet. I'm sure their is one and after work I will try to locate it. I was hoping someone might have knowledge of another app that currently works as I am on the road and no longer able to access my system. Thanks again.

OP
D

derby12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!!! I will give them a shot. The security company that did my system says they have been in contact with the app maker and it should be upgraded by mid week. Thanks for the links. Much appreciated.

AntUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of interest what is the camera system you're using? I've been shopping around for one to remotely keep an eye on an elderly vulnerable parent. It's a bit of a minefield though. I'd ideally want to leave it by the front door so I can also keep an eye on who calls. So a discrete understated design with a builtin mic, and wifi, which saves footage to either a network drive or FTP-ed to my server, so I can view footage from my iPad. Any suggestions?

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks!!! I will give them a shot. The security company that did my system says they have been in contact with the app maker and it should be upgraded by mid week. Thanks for the links. Much appreciated.
You're welcome mate, hope you come right with what you're looking for. ;)

OP
D

derby12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AntUK I have six cameras five of which are located around the perimeter of my home with one interior camera that is located in a hallway area where an intruder would have to pass. All cameras have IR for night surveillance. None have audio but there are numerous models that do. All cameras are hard wired to a continuous run DVR with a two week buffer before overwrite of oldest. Remote live viewing is through APS (currently not upgraded for IOS 6) via iPhone and iPad. Five cameras are all weather outside mounted IR5513 and one CNB LBM-20S color IR dome. All feed into H.264 DVR. You can Google camera systems and there are hundreds of wired and wireless systems available. Hope this helps.

AntUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AntUK I have six cameras five of which are located around the perimeter of my home with one interior camera that is located in a hallway area where an intruder would have to pass. All cameras have IR for night surveillance. None have audio but there are numerous models that do. All cameras are hard wired to a continuous run DVR with a two week buffer before overwrite of oldest. Remote live viewing is through APS (currently not upgraded for IOS 6) via iPhone and iPad. Five cameras are all weather outside mounted IR5513 and one CNB LBM-20S color IR dome. All feed into H.264 DVR. You can Google camera systems and there are hundreds of wired and wireless systems available. Hope this helps.

Great, thanks for the info. Your setup sounds more expensive and sophisticated than I had in mind but maybe I'm being overly optimistic about avoiding a fully fledged DVR setup. A single wifi camera which saves to a harddisk connected to a router, or saved to my FTP server, would be more ideal. I've ponder a more traditional DVR setup though.

Most reactions

Latest posts