What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android with iPad, any suggestions on getting the two to place nice?

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the HTC G2 (Desire Z) on t-mobile. I just purchased a 32GB iPad 2 last week and am waiting for it to arrive soon. I want to use it's video out features a lot with my TV and I also have an apple bluetooth keyboard for typing and stuff.

My main question is are there any apps that allow an android phone to be used as a remote or mouse for the iPad?? Or is it possible to use a regular apple remote with the iPad to sort of navigate the screen??

Just any apps that allow android and iOS to play nice together would be great to know about. Thanks!

OP
C

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just found an android app called lazydroid, lets you browse your phone through your web browser.

I'm thinking using it to browse your phone on the ipad? Could work? Havnt tried it as I haven't received my ipad yet. But I think its worth a look.

Sent from my G2 via tapatalk

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know some have reported success with DLNA through a shared server, something like that.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely interested in this thread. Droid X user getting a 32 gb iPad next week. Glad to know I'm not the only one with this predicament. :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download a vnc client to your droid. Jailbreak iPad when iPad 2 jailbreak comes out. Download veency from Cydia, log into veency with droid. Done.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds interesting.

My Droid X actually has a pretty good camera. I think I'm going to find a folio case which can hold a camera connector 5-in-one kit and carry a short USB cable to transfer pics on the go.

OP
C

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An easier, airplay method to video stream could be using this free ios app called airview.

Then use doublesync or twonky (android) which both are air play compatible.

I too am looking to get the camera connector kit.

Sent from my G2 via tapatalk

CyCy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone found an Android app to control Keynote on an iPad yet? I've used Keynote remote from an iPhone and it worked great. Not sure why there isn't something like that for Android.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone found an Android app to control Keynote on an iPad yet? I've used Keynote remote from an iPhone and it worked great. Not sure why there isn't something like that for Android.

Considering that keynote is an apple product and that apple hates android... I am not surprised that there isn't a control app for android. :)

Most reactions