What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera roll to PC

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't transfer pictures taken on my iPad 2 and stored in the camera roll to be transferred to my PC. They seem to be completely ignored when synchronising, and yes, I have got the synch photos tab ticked in iTunes.

Anyone any ideas please?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not sure if you had been able to transfer photos from you iPad to the PC in the past or whether this is a new development? Might be helpful to know - :)

But first check out this Apple Support Article which may help. Of course, there are other ways of getting photos from your iPad to a computer - a 'wireless' option that I've used is PhotoSync (Info HERE) - the app resides on the iPad and a small program can be downloaded & installed on your PC (w/ an icon in the system tray) - has worked well for me and is inexpensive.

But please post back if still having problems - good luck!

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gtatler said:
I can't transfer pictures taken on my iPad 2 and stored in the camera roll to be transferred to my PC. They seem to be completely ignored when synchronising, and yes, I have got the synch photos tab ticked in iTunes.

Anyone any ideas please?

To transfer the photos from the camera roll you have to use the import photos wizard that is available from the auto play window that pops up when you plug the device in OR go to My Computer and right click on the iPad's icon and select Import Pictures and Videos.

Either way, the first time you'll want to edit the settings (should be a small link on the screen where it asks for a tag) to make sure it puts the photos where you want and names them how you want. The defaults are okay, but you may prefer to change the folder to date taken + tag instead of date imported. :)

sakanatamaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you can try downloading dropbox for both your computer and iPad.

OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sakanatamaa said:
Or you can try downloading dropbox for both your computer and iPad.

Fantastic. Already have Dropbox account. Logged on to the Dropbox app, selected my photos from my camera roll, set up a destination folder, and bingo - all transferred OK. All I had to do then was to copy them back from Dropbox to my PC.

Many thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Most reactions