What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help create new photo albums Of NEW PICS taken on an Ipad

Mskjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have an iPad 2 and have been taking pictures with it. They all go to " camera roll" in the iphotos storage field. I'm simply trying to make new albums on my IPad to drag photos into. Not downloading or synching or anything if I don't have to. I have no other apple products, I'm only talking about photos taken with my iPad.
Is it so technical that iTunes or synching is involved when I just want to save and organize the pics I've taken with this thing?

Thanks,
Jon

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thats a tough one. I had a problem getting answers to a similar question regarding organizing movie files in folders.

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way i can edit photos into folders is to Try 'stash' app. I only use it for pics,it's very quick you can drag the Photos around in any order,name individual photos, create folders,name folders.
,then I delete the photos from camera roll ( space saving),there is an option to turn on or off auto backup when connecting ti iTunes ,try the free version first and see how you go. Also uses video as above

OP
M

Mskjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the input! I'll try that.
Jon

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Photos app wasn't designed to be an organizer. It really only has three purposes. One, a place to save and view and export your camera roll. Two, a place to sync photos from your computer. Three, a repository of pictures to use in other apps.

You can do a bit more, but not much.

There are some third party apps that will do more. I can't remember the names right now, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Most reactions