What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera not working away from me

Andy Couchman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
My camera works if I look at the screen and photos me but if I click rotate is does sort of rotate but stays black doesn't show anything
Any ideas ? It's an iPad Air 2 128gb

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Rotate? You mean the camera icon with the circle/arrows in the center?

This changes between the front and back camera. Make sure you are not covering the back camera lens with your hand, case, or other object.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Andy Couchman

Andy Couchman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes that's the point.
The camera icon doesn't swop it over. is it works showing my face in the screen but a blank screen when I click the camera icon

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes that's the point.
The camera icon doesn't swop it over. is it works showing my face in the screen but a blank screen when I click the camera icon

Hi Andy - I just took the pic below w/ the back camera of my iPad Air 2 (wall of our den) - the assigned camera is switched using the camera icon in the right upper corner (white arrow) - is that the one you are talking about above? If so, have you check TP's suggestions about having the back camera's lens blocked in some fashion (e.g. iPad cover, your finger, etc.).

If the last statement is not your problem, then I would suggest a 'Reset' if not already done - hold down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, release and allow the device to reboot - let us know if this helps. Dave :)
IMG_4626.PNG

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With all due respect, if you have the iPad in a case remove the case and try it that way.

Cases vary between models and a case that may work on one iPad model may not have the openings positioned correctly for another.

Most reactions

Latest posts