What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Kit

Charlie0664

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before (sorry). Do I need an app so my ipad will read the camera kit adapter? I'm
trying to read an SD card but I can't get it to do anything.

Thanks

Attachments

• Camera Kit.JPG
    Camera Kit.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 447

talon90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No you don't need an app but the camera connection kit is just that, it is intended to import photos from a SD card taken with your digital camera. You don't need an app but it will only accept photos with their original names from a folder labelled DCIM on the card. It won't read media and it isn't intended to be used for file sharing. If you take a photo with your camera and pop the SD card in the reader it should go directly to the Photos app on the iPad and allow you to import them from the card. That's really all it does.

I don't know much about the third party 5 in 1 kit you are showing in your post but the original Camera Connection kit produced and sold by Apple will work as stated above.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind that the third party kits like the one you picture don't always work on the newest iPads. There were some changes in how much power the 30pin port would provide sometime back (iOS 4, I think), and quite a few of the unofficial (not Apple approved) adaptors quit working.

Good luck.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nutrunner said:
im thinking of getting the camera kit of ebay are they worth it or is there another way of doing it

The camera connection kit is the easiest way of transferring your photos to your iPad. It's only $29.00 from Apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts