What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit

hughesjm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go to the iTunes store and look at the pictures of the two connector devices (Camera/SD Card) for the Camera Connection Kit, it appears that they both have the old style 30-pin connector on them, which will not fit into the Ipad Mini connection. Does anyone know if they give you the choice of which connector you want, either the new Lightning connector or the old style 30-pin connector? I don't want to buy the kit and have it show up with the old style connector.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hughesjm said:
If you go to the iTunes store and look at the pictures of the two connector devices (Camera/SD Card) for the Camera Connection Kit, it appears that they both have the old style 30-pin connector on them, which will not fit into the Ipad Mini connection. Does anyone know if they give you the choice of which connector you want, either the new Lightning connector or the old style 30-pin connector? I don't want to buy the kit and have it show up with the old style connector.

If you look some more, the two components of the camera connection kit are sold separately in lightning connector versions that will fit your iPad mini.
Here's a photo of the accessories.

image-4144771641.jpg

Last edited:

Heybretto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried both these connectors to download from a micro card and direct from a Go Pro Hero 3 to IPad Mini and neither work,
the card reader has error message "cannot read content" and the USB cable to camera rqred too much Is there afix

Most reactions