What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera connection kit

patriciabuon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought a camera connection kit in France before updating my iPad to 4.2.1. It's a non apple one. It worked fine until the update and then no longer. Do I need to throw it away?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd keep it. But I have an iPad 1 on 4.2.1 and the CCK works fine. Before and after jail brake and before and after I upgraded to 4.2.1. Since it's non apple, it might be faulty. I'd by the official apple one and check it out, u could always return it if it still doesn't work. It's not the iosm4.2.1 causing it not to work. Something else is to blame.

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

OP
P

patriciabuon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
I'd keep it. But I have an iPad 1 on 4.2.1 and the CCK works fine. Before and after jail brake and before and after I upgraded to 4.2.1. Since it's non apple, it might be faulty. I'd by the official apple one and check it out, u could always return it if it still doesn't work. It's not the iosm4.2.1 causing it not to work. Something else is to blame.

Would love to know the advantages of Jailbrake.

I think the problem with the CCK is because the update decreased the output from the iPad.

appleeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app (non-JB) which allows transfer of non-photo files (e.g. docs, pdfs), to/from the iPad to a USB memory card / camera ?

And what about a bluetooth USB dongle for use with an external BT GPS ?

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
appleeater said:
Is there an app (non-JB) which allows transfer of non-photo files to/from the iPad to a USB memory card / camera ?

Not that I know of unless u do it thru iTunes on desktop, possibly. Dr. House or other members may be able to clarify that up for u once they come chiming in. Now there's non jailbreak ways/apps to transfer stuff in general, like thru email. Good reader is a good one. But stock iPad won't let u send stuff into memory SD card or USB. Possibly only thru iTunes on the USB part.

Reaction score
appleeater said:
Is there an app (non-JB) which allows transfer of non-photo files to/from the iPad to a USB memory card / camera ?

Possible yes.

ZoomIT sells their own SD adapter for iPads, which in conjunction with the zoomit app can copy files to and from SD cards. However, iit does not work with Apple's camera connection kit.

But the reviews are quite bad and the adapter costs $60.

I wouldn't advise this product, just wanted to note that it is possible to copy any file from and to SD cards on a non-jb iPad.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Demandarin said:
Not that I know of unless u do it thru iTunes on desktop, possibly. Dr. House or other members may be able to clarify that up for u once they come chiming in. Now there's non jailbreak ways/apps to transfer stuff in general, like thru email. Good reader is a good one. But stock iPad won't let u send stuff into memory SD card or USB. Possibly only thru iTunes on the USB part.

Under windows or macs, iTunes is required for USB transfer. But under Ubuntu 11.04, it is natively supported and from the website project of imobiledevice, it looks like they are doing something to bring that feature to windows... That could be part of the solution. As for SD cards, I don't know for now since I don't have the connection kit.

Then we go back to wifi apps or jail breaking :)

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts