What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit Where Are You?

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm going on vacation (flying out Sunday) and I still can not find a Camera Connection Kit for the iPad. That is except for the high priced ones located on ebay.

Calling the stores they are not in stock and Apple.com still shows as 4-6 weeks before it ships. What the heck is going on with this accessories?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bad planning by apple IMO. I bought mine from eBay. By the time you add tax and shipping to the apple order mine was only like 17 bucks more. It was worth it to get it before my trip to Germany.

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm going on vacation (flying out Sunday) and I still can not find a Camera Connection Kit for the iPad. That is except for the high priced ones located on ebay.

Calling the stores they are not in stock and Apple.com still shows as 4-6 weeks before it ships. What the heck is going on with this accessories?

I ordered mine from Apple online at the start of the month. It was scheduled to be delivered June 18 but it was stuck in Hong Kong for 3 days....it finally went to Alaska & instead of going to Oakland, CA (I live the west coast) it has been sent to Memphis, where it has sat since last night. Who knows when I will get it. Sometimes Fed Ex is really out to lunch. 8 days after it shipped it is still wandering around the world.

Bottom line: figure out a work-around until you get your hands on one. It t'ain't easy to get one.

CM

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has a distribution center in Memphis which is why all of the packages go there.

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has a distribution center in Memphis which is why all of the packages go there.

Well, thank gawd my iPad went to Oakland, CA before being delivered, by-passing Memphis. I still might be waiting for it.

This is a FED Ex site that is telling me where the cc kit is, not an Apple site, I'm tracking it thru its Fed Ex journeys.

CM

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Apple Shipping from ???

I feel your pain guys....

My iPad is coming direct from China via FedEx. It looks like no delays except offloading at Airport and going to local distribution for delivery at my home.
The problems you [not Matt] guys describe are probably why the direct ship is going. Mine is coming on 25th and was originally scheduled to ship on the 28th. Smart move, promise little and deliver lots.
I will be glad to be able to actually discuss things with an iPad in hand vs. reading the guide. LOL:)

Most reactions

Latest posts