What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera connection kit info for you

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi for those that have this kit and have used the sd connection part and found that it does not read your card, chances are it will. I read somewhere about fooling the ipad into thinking that its looking at a camera by putting the folder DCIM onto the sd card it works you can put films into the folder and the Ipad will read it. It also will read any of my SDcards that it failed to read before, just make a folder on your SD card named DCIM anything in this folder films or pics the Ipad will read. Hope the info helps. The kit is well worth buying.

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that too, I'd load a card but it would say format not supported or something similar. I use my SD cards for file transfer via iFile but hitting the dismiss would still make it usable just not for image transfer via the Photo App.

ochie927

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember I tried this before and while it showed the movies that I put on the SD card, there's no way of playing them from the card .. I think you still have to import them to your Ipad. It would be great if you are able to play them from the card :)

OP
L

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The idea is to import them on to your ipad, and you can delete once you have watch or finished with them. the point was being able to use any SDcard by putting the folder onto the sdcard. nothing to do with runing film from the card.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are jailbroken with iFile installed you can play the files from your SD card, from the camera connection kit if you have movies..

Most reactions